Gmail Won't Sync Droid

M

Matth3w

I had this issue. My issue was if Google Talk wasn't running, GMail would not sync. I restarted Google Talk (I had disabled it via the Autostarts program for rooted users) and it has worked flawlessly since.

Phillipsave

Reaction score
If you "clear data", does that knock out all the gmail sitting in the inbox and different labels? On another issue, I was gettting a storage warning, had 48MB of gmail, and just checked a number of my gmail labels to None and I lowered my gmail storage to 6MB.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you "clear data", does that knock out all the gmail sitting in the inbox and different labels? On another issue, I was gettting a storage warning, had 48MB of gmail, and just checked a number of my gmail labels to None and I lowered my gmail storage to 6MB.

Absolutely correct. Clearing the data deletes it from your phone but should not be an issue as it is all stored on google's servers. By setting labels to none you reduce the amount of email that needs to download to your phone.

porcelain

Reaction score
1) gmail app > settings > labels > inbox > sync all

I tried this and it fixed it. So, thank you! :)

I just started having this problem in the middle of the day today. I'm not sure what was going on. But oh well.

The last time I had this problem it was because GTalk wasn't running. I always make sure it's running now.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
This only works for me for a little while, and then it's "connection error" agian

I have questions for you:
1) Do you ever use a task killer?
2) Have you cleared Gmail Storage data and Gmail data?
3) Do you ever use wifi?
4) Have you set inbox to sync all?

Inundated

Reaction score
I'm having this problem again.

The "clear data" solution kicks it into working again, but it stops again a few hours (?) later.

Refreshing the account works as well, then it eventually stops working again.

Turning Auto Sync off then on again works as well, then it eventually stops working again. Get the idea? :)

I'm wondering if there's a memory issue, per this:

Issue 2020 - android - "Sync Now" wont initiate sync when internal storage is full - Project Hosting on Google Code

I have around 20-25MB free most times, just enough to occasionally dip into the "low on space" category.

Any thoughts on a more permanent solution?

sessica

Reaction score
I am having connection errors as of tonight, auto sync says it is having problems and none of my e-mails will sync. Also I am stuck on 1x when I always have 3g in my house, and it won't let me pull up any web pages.

Network problem, or me problem??

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I am having connection errors as of tonight, auto sync says it is having problems and none of my e-mails will sync. Also I am stuck on 1x when I always have 3g in my house, and it won't let me pull up any web pages.

Network problem, or me problem??

sounds like a tower is down or some other network issue. give it till morning and if not cleared up call verizon and see whats up.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

nicolai

Reaction score
Sweet Mother Of God!! Was ready to go all iphone and ****!!

Jhank, thank you, this has been plagueing me for this last week, and like others, I did nothing to instigate, made no changes(kept thinking I must have, but I knew I didn't), and have been googling it off and on for a few days. I shoulda known when I got the chance to check the Droid forums, there the answer would be. Thank you so much, it worked like a champ, and I'm back in the game.
(insert beautiful DROID sound here!)

Nicole aka nicolai!! :)

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Jhank, thank you, this has been plagueing me for this last week, and like others, I did nothing to instigate, made no changes(kept thinking I must have, but I knew I didn't), and have been googling it off and on for a few days. I shoulda known when I got the chance to check the Droid forums, there the answer would be. Thank you so much, it worked like a champ, and I'm back in the game.
(insert beautiful DROID sound here!)

Nicole aka nicolai!! :)

I'm glad I could help!

stink_fart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Lenovo A6000+ (Android 5.0.2)
Here is what all of you need to do:

1) Go into the settings menu for the phone
2) Choose applications
3) Choose Manage Applications
4) Under Manage Applications set the Filter to ALL. Not sure why this isn't the default but c'est la vie.
5) Scroll down and choose GMail Storage
6) Tap the button for Clear Data

I was getting the no connection problem and this fixed everything for me.

But why my app won't let me add my gmails account? The first time when you wanted to add accounts, there is a list to chose between Google, outlook, etc. But, why it doesn't do anything when I tapped at the "Google" one, but can on the "Other" one. I tried the "Other" one, entered my Gmail account, but I can't tap the "Next" icon (it doesn't do anything). Many solutions I ran into, but why the problems keep getting more and more numerous?