gmail issue

ntrddragn

Reaction score
i cant view attached pictures that is sent to me from an i cant view attached pictures that is sent to me from an iphone to my gmail phone app. i can view it when i go online but not the gmail app. it just only seems to be happening to just email that is sent from an iphone. any thoughts?

Yohimbe35

Reaction score
I agree. I wish a developer would tackle this issue. I can't believe more people don't complain about this issue. It happens on all emails for me. No pictures .

Last edited:

lschicky

Reaction score
your friend needs to get a better phone?

are you getting a preview at least or some option to download it?

OP
N

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Yup a blue box with a question mark in it. No other option or preview

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've got my gmail account setup to retrieve my AOL mail, and my dad sent me a picture on the AOL account. I downloaded it to my droid with no problem.

Do you know what file type the pictures you're having trouble with, or is it really ALL of them?

I'm not having this issue, but am willing to work with you guys to try to troubleshoot and/or recreate the issue on my phone to try to find a better way to deal with this...

If you haven't already looked into, I've seen MANY good things about the e-mail app in the market called k9 if nothing else.

Give me more details and I'll do my best here!

[I don't regularly talk to anyone with an iPhone, and it's only 6am here, so I won't be asking anyone to e-mail me anything...]

Does the iPhone still not support picture messaging/mms? I know a friend of my had the first generation and he had to go online to see any picture sent to him. That's really the only reason I can think that iPhone users would be sending you and e-mail with a picture...

naman919

Reaction score
i cant view attached pictures that is sent to me from an i cant view attached pictures that is sent to me from an iphone to my gmail phone app. i can view it when i go online but not the gmail app. it just only seems to be happening to just email that is sent from an iphone. any thoughts?

I agree. I wish a developer would tackle this issue. I can't believe more people don't complain about this issue. It happens on all emails for me. No pictures .

I have the same issue as the OP. I really can't believe that you cannot download attachments through the gmail app. I hate having to go online and retrieve them through the browser.

Get on this Google!:mad:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue as the OP. I really can't believe that you cannot download attachments through the gmail app. I hate having to go online and retrieve them through the browser.

Have you tried K9 yet? I haven't tried it but many people feel the stock mail app is insufficient. Try K9 as suggested above. And please read the entire thread. Blaming Google may not be the issue.

naman919

Reaction score

Have you tried K9 yet? I haven't tried it but many people feel the stock mail app is insufficient. Try K9 as suggested above. And please read the entire thread. Blaming Google may not be the issue.

The GMail app is perfectly fine. It's the EMail app that most don't like, for various reasons.

What i'm referring to is a problem generated by the GMail app Google created. There is no reason they should have limited the GMAIL app to only download a handful of file types.

A work-around is going to the gmail website and downloading the attachment off there; meaning it's still possible, but they make you work for it. *dumb*

***Also, the thread isn't that long. i don't appreciate your snarky comments. No wonder you have so many posts. thanks for bloating up the thread. YOU read the entire thread, it's about the GMAIL app, and not the EMail app, therefore K9 is not relevant.

Sorry to rant but sometimes i can't hold back any longer. Also, it's snowing like crazy here and i'm worried about getting home.*** :icon_eek:

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
As noted on a number of other threads, Documents2Go enables the download of both Microsoft and Adobe documents via the gmail application. In addition, it allows Microsoft documents to be edited. (And yes, you have to pay for it. Usually about $10.)

Yohimbe35

Reaction score
Its the gmail app for me also .I will check what kind of pictures they are.
I can go to the browser and see the pictures, but it shouldn't be that way.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Thanks!

I just downloaded a .jpg the other day using the gmail app. I suppose, perhaps, it could also be a file-size issue, but if these are being e-mailed from another phone, I wouldn't think that'd be the case...

naman919

Reaction score

Thanks!

I just downloaded a .jpg the other day using the gmail app. I suppose, perhaps, it could also be a file-size issue, but if these are being e-mailed from another phone, I wouldn't think that'd be the case...

it seems to allow picture file types (well i've only tried jpeg).

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

The OP's complaint was about pics, that's why I'm a little confused. I realize from other threads that there are issues with PDFs and stuff, but the only attachments I ever really receive that I really want to download to my phone [at this point and time] are pictures.

If there are certain file-types not supported, or a max file size for pics, that'd be nice to know...

Yohimbe35

Reaction score
The last ones I had were JPG images. All I get is a blue box with a question mark inside. There is now way to download or preview it. It happens all the time. Maybe it has something to do with forwarded emails. There's other post on here with the same issue. I'm hope the more we talk about it, maybe it will get resolved.