View pictures on GMail

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a known issue with 'embedded' pictures not showing up, this is caused by a shortfall of the OS not the phone. As long as they are attached you can click on them to view them with the Gallery app.

mjs31

Reaction score
wasn't the phone, it was the sender

Wrong answer probabaly. Gmail mobile has an issue with images that are inserted into the body of the email rather then the regular way of attaching images. It will show a square with a little blue triangle in its place. Emails from online vendors etc will show the images fine but I belief this is due to actual embedding of the image in html and the fact that it is run from their servers. So...if the image was supposed to show in the body and you do not see it, that is the issue.

It has been like this for some time dating back to the G1 and there is no fix at this time. You can log onto your gmail account via the browser and see them there.

Hopefully they will fix it. Some will say they dont have an issue with this, but that is not correct. Everyone will have the same issue with images inserted into the body of the email.

mjs31

Reaction score
There is a known issue with 'embedded' pictures not showing up, this is caused by a shortfall of the OS not the phone. As long as they are attached you can click on them to view them with the Gallery app.

Correct. Technically they are not embedded though. Commonly used, but they are really still just attached. Embedding is a whole other thing. It is easiest to describe it that way though... :icon_ banana:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had this issue a few minutes ago. I had to look at the email through my email button as opposed to gmail. When I did that a prompt came up to view pictures. I selected view through Astro and I could see the pictures fine.