Gluing on speaker covers

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OK then! Glad we could be of assistance, I think?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Glad you got it handled.. On to other tasks..

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Can't you guys read? D@~nit, this thread is now CLOSED!

OP
D

Dweib

Reaction score
Yeah agreed. Edited above and thread remains open. Someone might come along with further questions. Such as when using the double stick tape method, what's the best way to cut out the openings for the speakers, etc? Very carefully with a sharp xacto or razor blade is my best guess.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
D

Dweib

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
D

Dweib

Reaction score
The Weldwood contact cement as the other fellow used seems to do the trick just fine. Thanks for all your kind suggestions but I think I got it now. After doing this I think maybe the 5-minute epoxy I have on hand probably would have worked ok and would have saved me a trip to the store.

*Update* After assembly of the phone and a few days use I must say that weldwood contact cement is really the right stuff for this job. Very tenacious stuff indeed. And although 5minute epoxy might work it certainly wouldn't work as nicely and securely as the weldwood stuff. IMHO. The advantage of such an adhesive (with a little bit of give) vs a rock hard adhesive such as super glue is obvious. If you drop the phone the likelihood of those covers popping off is nil.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited: