Back Case issue.

FOUR20ASASS1N

Reaction score
Im really irritated by the lower right corner of my phone it feels like its loose and it kinda makes a creaky noise its almost like its not properly glued any suggestions or has anyone else had this issue? Btw this is on the back of the phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Im really irritated by the lower right corner of my phone it feels like its loose and it kinda makes a creaky noise its almost like its not properly glued any suggestions or has anyone else had this issue? Btw this is on the back of the phone.

The back of the phone is not glued on. It snaps into place with small prongs or catches that fit into small indentations or slots on the phone around the perimeter just inside. The Kevlar is affixed to the battery directly underneath by double-sided tape. This is supposed to add to the strength of the phone and keep things from rattling around or the cover working loose.

If the bottom corner is loose it would be because one or more of those catches has slipped out of its locked-in position. First try squeezing the edge of the phone (front to back) between your fingers all around the perimeter and see if you don't find a spot that snaps into place. Also take note if the cover LOOKS loose, or in other words where you are felling it loose, is there also a slightly larger space between the phone's front and rear where you could slip a fingernail into. If so, that's likely the problem.

If that doesn't work, it's possible that one or more of those catches has either partially worn off or broken. The question then would be whether the catch broke on the back cover portion or the phone portion. If it's the back cover that's damaged, it can be replaced.

clayrebel

Reaction score
When i first bought my razr i noticed a similar problem.
However mine was creaking on the lower left corner on the front.
It felt like the "glue" was not set or something.
I took it to Verizon immediately since I didn't know if the looseness could worsen overtime and they replaced it.

So far, no creaks on this new phone.

Last edited:

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

I would take it back to VZ.