is my droid x melting??

nakhleh926

Reaction score
I talked to Verizon about bad signal, the rep had suggested taking the battery out for twenty seconds, and if this didn't fix hanging 3g he asked me to call back for more troubleshooting. When I took the battery out, I noticed a tiny sticker that i've never seen through the HUNDREDS of battery pulls i've done, its on the bottom of the battery to the opposite side of the gold piece that connects to the phone, has anyone else experienced this? it feels like it's glued to the plastic of the case which is why I thought it melted, could this be the water indicator or is that somewhere else?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kevinkar

Reaction score
Yes, it's the water intrusion indicator that apparently gets stuck on the rubber bumper. A bad design some people run into when bringing their phone in for service and getting grief from the techs at the stores. It's a known issue and Motorola has since revised the design a bit to fix the issue.

Your phone is NOT melting!

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
Yes, it's the water intrusion indicator that apparently gets stuck on the rubber bumper. A bad design some people run into when bringing their phone in for service and getting grief from the techs at the stores. It's a known issue and Motorola has since revised the design a bit to fix the issue.

Your phone is NOT melting!

thank you :D, was worried since I hit 45c last night after I fell asleep to streaming radio WITH the heat on >.>.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App