Droid X Battery Water Damage Indicator Issue

giorodr86

Reaction score
I just wanted to post this in case anyone else runs into this issue.

- I called Verizon to see if I could get my Droid X replaced due to a screen issue. They asked me to take my Droid to a local Verizon store to get it looked at to confirm there was no water damage and replaceable.

- I took my phone to a Verizon store where their manager took a quick look at the phone and battery and stated there was water damage on the battery. After I took a look at it I noticed there was a piece of the Water Damage indicator stuck on the rubber bumper. I pointed it out but she insisted there was water damage and would not be replaceable but will notate on the account about the screen issue. She asked me to call Verizon back......

- I called Verizon back for the Second time and spoke to one of their representatives for about 20 minutes where she told me they had notated on my account the phone is not replaceable due to water damage . I TRIED to explain issue with the indicator but it didn't seem she was understanding and kept explaining what the indicator was. She put me on hold for about 2 minutes to contact their technical support, she got back on the line and told me she had confirmed they would not be able to replace the phone due to water damage.

- After that call I searched online and ran into this Thread, I called Verizon back for the third time and explained to another representative the same thing and mentioned this thread. She then proceeded to put me on hold, this time it was more than 2 minutes........after around 7-8 minutes she told it was a known issue and they will be sending me a phone to replace my defected one in a few days.

Sometimes it just takes a little more research on our end to get them to understand.

I hope this info helps anyone that might run into a similar scenario.​

MMASUPAFAN

Reaction score
Same issue the heat melted the water damage indicator right off the battery and verizon said as long as the water indicator on phone was ok they would still replace it just not the battery.....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Call Verizon again. Tell them that you are having a screen issue and need a replacement. If they ask you to go to a Verizon store ask them why. They can inspect it when they receive it back from you, in the meantime please send me out another phone, please.

If the get snippy ask for a supervisor. There is no need for you to have to go to a Verizon store for a problem with your phone. Remind them that the price of gas is going up and your patience is wearing thin.

Unless of course you have water damage…….

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Ha! I just took my battery out to check the moisture sensor and it was nowhere to be found. I took a look at the rubber bumper, and sure enough, there it was!

I'm going to have to make note of this and the other post referenced above in case this ever becomes an issue.

kevinkar

Reaction score
+1 on the defective sticker on my X.

I noticed it when I received my extended battery in December and took the standard battery out. It stuck a little but I just tugged at it a bit more and, sure enough, the sticker was split in half with a portion remaining on the rubber bumper and the rest still on the battery!

Poor design, I guess.

FrankieFraaank

Reaction score
I haven't had a single issue with my X, but i have noticed that the indicator was stuck to the rubber piece, and now is missing. I am a tech for another carrier, and I I was concerned that if i had an issue in the future, that Verizon would deem this as DBR. Im not sure what Verizon's policies are as far as replacement, maybe you should ask them to have a technician open the phone, because there is usually one or two more liquid indicators located on the mother board of all phones.