Dropped my Droid X in the toilet.

MIA369

Reaction score
My Droid X fell out of my pocket and into the toilet. I quickly picked it up and dried it off and took it apart. I heard the rice thing didn't work, but after an hour I decided to try it. It sat in that bag for about 24hrs. I then talked to a friend who is good with phones and they said it has to be in rice for 3 days. Which I then did. Still didn't work. I read something about putting it in front of a fan and did that for about 24hrs. Still nothing. It's been about 2 weeks since I've dropped it. I can tell that there is water behind the screen and I think that is the main issue. Is there anyway to save my phone? I might try to take it more apart by undoing the screws. Also, my battery is not damaged, it's just the phone so I know the battery has nothing to do with it. I really need to save this phone because I can't afford to buy a new one.

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Makes for an expensive turd ;)

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

toyotaking88

Reaction score
I have heard of people soaking their phones in alcohol like rubbing alcohol. I would use the highest % you can get. I use the 90% from Wal-mart to clean my pipes never tried it on my phone though. They also have 70% but the higher the percent the faster it will evaporate.

leftspin

Reaction score
I've heard of the rubbing alcohol thing but I've never tried it. I've never had a good experience with phones that have liquid damage, even if you get them working again they're bound to develop some other problem further down the line because of it. My recommendation would be go to Verizon and see if you can get a discount on a new one or something

jtnktz

Reaction score
Rice works best. Dropped my phone into a pool and a lake in 2 days. Phone still works.
Put it in a bag of rice making sure that the phone is DEEP into the rice. You should not be able to see the phone. This should work in about 18 hours. If you still see water in the phone than repeat. Keep doing it until you can't see any water in the screen. Just hope it didn't ruin the internal memory cause that's the first thing to go.

MarkOden

Reaction score
I had placed a water logged phone on top of a forced hot air vent for a day with excellent results.

Sent from my **** using DroidForums

JRParsons

Reaction score
I've had good results with putting it on the cable box for a couple days.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've heard of the rubbing alcohol thing but I've never tried it. I've never had a good experience with phones that have liquid damage, even if you get them working again they're bound to develop some other problem further down the line because of it. My recommendation would be go to Verizon and see if you can get a discount on a new one or something
My mom dropped her LG Ally in the toilet while putting stuff in the cabinet above it. I took the case off, the SD Card out and battery out and dumped it in rice for 24 hours and it hasn't had an issue to this day. I have to admit, that's one tough phone. I know my X couldn't survive that

X

leftspin

Reaction score
My mom dropped her LG Ally in the toilet while putting stuff in the cabinet above it. I took the case off, the SD Card out and battery out and dumped it in rice for 24 hours and it hasn't had an issue to this day. I have to admit, that's one tough phone. I know my X couldn't survive that

X

My first DX got submerged in seawater by my girlfriend (accidentally) for several minutes and after drying it out and doing the rice thing it kept going for another 5 or 6 months but after a few months buttons stopped working and the screen was very dim. Eventually the battery died and it never came back

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums