Razr shell clicking and heat melting glue on back label

bullfrog65

Reaction score
Had Razr 24 hours now.Lower back seems to be not firmly sealed - sometimes it 'clicks' - seemingly a less than tight/secure seal on the phone shell. It seems to come and go - migrates around bottom edge - now its not doing it at all. Sometimes lower right corner, middle or left corner. Gets warm (heard this itself is not unusual for 4G), but heat creates glue bubbles on back label.Anyone else having this - not sure if its a manufacturing defect or ???

Heywood

Reaction score
There's a thread around here somewhere that links to this issue...ill go try to dig it up

Edit: found it...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/182125-razr-getting-so-hot-black-substance-melting-out-2.html

Last edited:
OP
B

bullfrog65

Reaction score
one down - clicking to go

Ok - didn't realize there is/still is a plastic label on the back of the phone - I admit stupidity in this case.Not sure if this was the source of the 'clicking' too - but will post once I get the phone hot again....

VandalDROID

Reaction score
It happens

Ok - didn't realize there is/still is a plastic label on the back of the phone - I admit stupidity in this case.Not sure if this was the source of the 'clicking' too - but will post once I get the phone hot again....

I did the exact same thing a few days ago. I felt so stupid!! :frown: I had never felt kevlar before so i had no idea what to expect when it came to this phone. The bubbles were seriously freaking me out; thought i had to return the phone.

It feels so much better now that i removed the plastic covering. The phone also doesn't get as warm...must be because plastic can act as an insulator.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea...that plastic covering the back of the phone had some ppl thinking the Kevlar was easy to scratch too.

Reaction score
Had Razr 24 hours now.Lower back seems to be not firmly sealed - sometimes it 'clicks' - seemingly a less than tight/secure seal on the phone shell. It seems to come and go - migrates around bottom edge - now its not doing it at all. Sometimes lower right corner, middle or left corner. Gets warm (heard this itself is not unusual for 4G), but heat creates glue bubbles on back label.Anyone else having this - not sure if its a manufacturing defect or ???

I have had the phone since Friday and was going around looking for anyone who had the problem like this. I did take of the plastic and made sure it was down to bear phone. There is a problem with the heating on this phone because I went back to the Verizon store yesterday to make sure I wasnt crazy and I kid you not the display model phone had severe bezel separation. Not only that but the kevlar was clicking and it looks like it was popping from the top right hand side of the kevlar backing. I had checked my phone and go figure it clicks exactly at that spot. A friend of mine also has the same problem but more severe where the top part of the kevlar is clicking and from what i can see looks likes a bit of separation(doesnt help that we were picking at it but he traded it in for another one). If anyone can confirm with their Droids and make sure its not happening. With the ear/speaker rattle, sleep bug where it wont wake up, and now the heat making my phone fall apart like a 60 car with no screws, kinda getting scared....