Anyone know how to tell if a phone is or was a demonstration model

pabowhunter

Reaction score
I bought a Galaxy Note att branded of a lad on Craigslist... Phone was in fair shape except for a few minor light scratches on screen... But the one thing that puzzles me is that when I opended the back cover I noticed it wasn't sealed properly slight gaps... So I removed it and saw what looked like dry glue or melting plastic where the seal was flimsy and not snapped closed... in a few places actually... when I asked The 4 thugs he sent to meet me, they had no idea.... anyway I bought it.... The more I get thinking possibly the whole entire back was glued shut and this phone was a demo... Anyone know if there is any sure fire way of telling????? And Does a demo.. have limitations????? Thanks in Advance

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
P

pabowhunter

Reaction score
In store demo... Its functional but wondering if full functional.... Plus the fact he had no factory charger usb cable or box....

Snoking

Reaction score
You bought a phone from four thugs and now you are concerned about what you bought?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Hail

Reaction score
You bought a phone from four thugs and now you are concerned about what you bought?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Lol!!!!

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Sounds like those thugs hit a lick.

Sent From My Rooted Motorola DROID X2/MB870 Running CM7.2.0-RC1

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
With all due respect, you bought a phone from Craigslist? Did you check the ESN? You should be lucky it activated (assuming it did)...

Usually if it is a retail store demo unit, there is some security device glued to the back, and when the security device is removed, there is a mark on the phone/tablet/etc where the security device was. It shows up better if the back of the phone is white, of course.

But can't you just get a new battery cover? Mind posting a pic of it?

OP
P

pabowhunter

Reaction score
With all due respect, you bought a phone from Craigslist? Did you check the ESN? You should be lucky it activated (assuming it did)...

Usually if it is a retail store demo unit, there is some security device glued to the back, and when the security device is removed, there is a mark on the phone/tablet/etc where the security device was. It shows up better if the back of the phone is white, of course.

But can't you just get a new battery cover? Mind posting a pic of it?

When I say thugs... I was joking... more like 4 young lads about a buck ten in weight... It was funny the way they showed up one at a time a few minutes apart.... It's a Galaxy Note att of course so esn has no matter... The phone does work and I saw it working before I bought it... but as stated while I removed his sim card I noticed inside of phone where battery cover snaps together it looked as it was glued shut.... My friend had bought a store demo phone and told me the phone is not 100% functional as far as memory storage and could not remember what else but there are other limitations.... I just thought someone here had experienced or owned a store demo model phone....

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Oh, I see. That's interesting, showed up one at a time like that and all...

I mean, I would like to see a pic, maybe it is supposed to be glued? But I've never heard of demo phones not having functional memory, that's pretty neat all things considered. I mean it makes sense.