Gingerbread Trouble

DroidDystroyer

Reaction score
OK. VZW Pushes Gingerbread. Great - been waiting for it, so what I'll have to root again. So I update - and go through hell to root. Finally, get it rooted manually - but Barnacle is still dead, so I say wtf and decide to swap roms - but can't get clockwork installed. Bought ROM Manager, but can't get Clockwork running. Grabbed flash_image thinking I could just force it on that way - but it won't take it off /sdcard. (No file or directory). When pushed to /system/bin I get "flash_image unexpected ")"" I'm about to jump, or give up and pay VZW the $. (Actually, I'll probably jump!) Can anyone save another noob today?

C

Communisum

I would maybe start from the beginning again.... sorry, my cwr works fine... im runnin ota gb rooted with the one click method, worked just fine for me.

OP
D

DroidDystroyer

Reaction score
Can't start over...

The problem is I can't just start from the beginning. To get back to the start, I'd have to get Froyo back. I need clockwork for that - and clockwork doesn't work. I have root - but "one-click" didn't work, because I had root before, and it failed at updating the files. So, I opened the script, executed the commands one at a time, with rename of a file (mv) here and there. I have root - but I need to patch the OS so clockwork runs before everything else...

xm0067

Reaction score
+1. Sbf fixes everything.

Sent from my Apex-ed Overclocked DROID 2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;WMFMNldyrZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMFMNldyrZQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Another good one.

CM7GB-601

christianrocks

Reaction score
I would maybe start from the beginning again.... sorry, my cwr works fine... im runnin ota gb rooted with the one click method, worked just fine for me.

how do you do that? sorry im new o all this but i have sbfed my phone and have it on .330 and i really want the gb i have the gb leak for d2g from rw but i when i try to install it by shutting off my phon and power it on hold x key etc. and applying the file it would say "installation aborted" i already reanamed the file to "update.zip" and everything do i need to get z4root and d2 bootstappe or something? im confused please help! thanks!

christianrocks

Reaction score
What does it say under System Version? Should be Android Version 2.3.3 but System Version 4.5.601

i sbfed my phone.. then i wanted to see if i could get the gb and so i did the system update when it was done, i checked im just running system version 2.4.330 and android version 2.2

christianrocks

Reaction score
ahh man toatlly didnt know this was a droid 2 forum sorry still new at this site.. whats CM7GB-601?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cyanogenmod 7 based off the latest gingerbread (.602)

CM7GB-602

Last edited:

Lbevans2

Reaction score
Phone wont properly flash back to Froyo

Ive done this before using RSD lite and it has worked fine.

When i originally had froyo on my droid2 i used z4 to root it. I got the OTA for Gingerbread updated but then my phone was not properly rooted.

I read some forums and decided to flash back to froyo without rooting it, then OTA update and reroot with droid 3 one click method.

However i cannot get it to properly flash back to froyo, after rsd completes its process and my phone is back on, instead of getting the android wizard like you just opened the phone, my old wallpaper is still on my phone and i can no longer access my setting or even click anything on my phone.

I'm in fear that i have actually Bricked my phone for good. Ive tried the RSD process back to froyo multiple times with a charged battery.. same problem everytime.

You guys have any ideas? it would be much appreciated. Thanks