Gingerbread

destin246

Reaction score
Ok i was rooted and now im not and i uninstalled all applications to do with rooting and flashing roms... even though i was rooted i never flashed a rom before... so does this mean i can still. Get the gingerbread update when it comes to my phone or not?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You would actually still be able to update if you were rooted, so long as all of the bloatware is present and you're not running a custom Rom.

tappin and a talkin

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure about that. I am rooted and using a ROM. I can still search for new updates, but I've never downloaded and installed one. I do know that if you were to update you would have to root again to use some of your apps. Also ROMs make no difference, they're basically just themes for the phone. Same as the bloatware, an update wouldn't notice if it were there or not, I'm thinking that it would reinstall all of the apps that you had removed.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If bloatware is missing or you are on a custom rom, the update will not work. Trust me, I've been through it with the 2.3.2 update.

tappin and a talkin

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure about that. I am rooted and using a ROM. I can still search for new updates, but I've never downloaded and installed one. I do know that if you were to update you would have to root again to use some of your apps. Also ROMs make no difference, they're basically just themes for the phone. Same as the bloatware, an update wouldn't notice if it were there or not, I'm thinking that it would reinstall all of the apps that you had removed.

That's not entirely true about the roms.... most basically redoes your OS in order to get better battery and they also don't have any of the bloatware.

Sent from my Liberated D2G