Gingerbread screen selection?

Reaction score
I love the new gingerbread but it is harder to navigate to other screens. With froyo I could slide the screen a little and then pick the screen I wanted from the bottom bar that would pop up. The DROID x has a screen that comes up after hitting home the second time that shows nice mini pictures of each that you can just select, very nice. I had an app that took over the home button but even after disabling that app I got nothing in the way of being able to choose a screen easily.

Is this just the way it is or am I missing something?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

dankwizzydorf

Reaction score
Just quickly slide your finger (or thumb) up the screen, starting at the bottom by the soft keys, and the screen selection page will appear.

OP
Bart.Cunningham
Reaction score
Thanks! Works exactly as described and works on the Droid X too. I bounce between screens a lot and it was a pain scrolling back and forth! This works great from any screen.

bentrm

Reaction score
You can also hit the home button while on the home screen.

OP
Bart.Cunningham
Reaction score
Hitting home while on the home screen does nothing on my Droid 2? I know that does work on a DROID X. Should this work on a Droid 2? I did have an app that took over the home button and even though I disabled it I am wondering if it screwed something up and how I can fix it.

bentrm

Reaction score
It works on my droid 2. Not an X2. ? I'm stock. And i never installed any apps that would change the soft key behavior.

Last edited:
OP
Bart.Cunningham
Reaction score
I found my problem! I had an app installed called Perfect Task Switcher. I had it disabled but apparently it was still doing something? I uninstalled it and now pressing home while on the home screen does bring up the list of screens as it should.