just a quick question

Mdelisle25

Reaction score
So droid 2 users when you are sliding between your screens that nice little bar at the bottom which allows to jump from screens easy shows up.
i dont like the bar.
it gets in the way.
is there a way to move it to the top or get rid of it?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
use a home replacement - im a big fan of Launcher Pro. Theres also ADW, better cut, GDE, Panda, Home++, HelixLauncher, etc..

try out a few and see what you like

vzwtek

Reaction score
So droid 2 users when you are sliding between your screens that nice little bar at the bottom which allows to jump from screens easy shows up.
i dont like the bar.
it gets in the way.
is there a way to move it to the top or get rid of it?

There will be once its rooted, its a blur feature if i am not incorrect.

OP
M

Mdelisle25

Reaction score
yeah i tried launcher pro but i got my D2 three days ago( first smarty. woot. i know.) so i wanted to get used to the system in general.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yeah i tried launcher pro but i got my D2 three days ago( first smarty. woot. i know.) so i wanted to get used to the system in general.

Launcher Pro really changes nothing about how the system operates other than how the home screen looks. it changes nothing in settings or other apps.

plus it gets rid of that stupid blur thing at teh bottom

OP
M

Mdelisle25

Reaction score
blur is trash.
but ive heard gingerbread will scrap it all away. fingers crossed and knock on wood.
ill try launcher pro. if its bad im coming back to yell at you two :)

ffej89

Reaction score
LauncherPro for sure. the plus version for 2.99 gives you alot more options. I use launcherpro and crazyhome to switch between

Plus i like the 3d app drawer in LauncherPro

vzwtek

Reaction score
blur is trash.
but ive heard gingerbread will scrap it all away. fingers crossed and knock on wood.
ill try launcher pro. if its bad im coming back to yell at you two :)

From what I've seen in testing, sense, blur, and touchwiz are unfortunately here to stay my friend.

New blur is not so bad, but it REALLY SUCKS with 2.1.

You are having a better experience with blur probably with 2.2. Enjoy

OP
M

Mdelisle25

Reaction score
Nope I will prefer to stay in denial in hopes of blur being shot away with gingy

ibevsop

Reaction score
blur bar

Yeah, motoblur is pretty wack. The bar at the bottom is about the dumbest thing! turn it off please?! Crap, now i want HTC Sense UI on here would be sweet heh. . Ah well, anyway. . Just a little while ago it got in my way and i accidentally used it. . . Wtf!. Now, if you are doing something on your droid that requires ninja like speed and reflexes, it would be resonable to assume you would be using the physical keyboard(if even just for comfortable grip) i guess. . Right? Im coming up with this as we go so, please pardon where need be. Ok, with keyboard out 2 handed grip its just logical that the average person will fail to swipe the screen fully enough to actually change the screen with this particular grip. . Was this the logic Moto used. . As im thinking about it im wanting to believe this. . Yeah, am wanting to. . Im going with it! Eff it im start using it. It would still be nice to turn it off as an option. I have changed my opinion on the bar, its cool and a nice touch! Soon enough we will be able to do all droid does