A few questions about my Droid 2

HuJass

Reaction score
1) Is there an app so I can easily view my MSN & Hotmail accounts?

2) Can I download apps using my computer & push them out to the Droid via it's USB cable?

3) Where are pictures stored when you take them? I mean, how do I navigate to where I can delete pictures.

4) How do I move an app off of the homescreen and back into the app list?

5) There are seven different home screens. I've picked one. How do I lock it so that it stays my home screen? Because even after I selected my home screen, when I hit the Home button, it goes back to the main screen. Is it supposed to do that?

6) What's the final word with Task Killers and Android 2.2?

7) When you change your home screen, there are what looks like brail characters at the bottom of the screen. What do they do? And how do you get them to stay on longer?

8) What should I get rid of in terms of apps and bloatware that came with the phone? How do I do that?

That's about all I can think of for now.
I know I will have more.

Thanks for the help.

Mule65

Reaction score
1) Yes ~ Browser
2) Yes
3) DCIM folder on SD card ~ Get Astro from Market
4) Long press drag into garbage can
5) Get LauncherPro (free version)
6) Don't need them
7) See 5
8) See 5 ~ hide apps

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
1) K9, maildroid, Touchdown are email clients. Search the market for email widget if you want one. Do NOT use the stock email client as it is buggy.
2) Yes, but why not save yourself a step and just download them with the phone?

5) You're not really supposed to pick one home screen. You're supposed to use them all. Why not just "pick" the middle one so pressing home takes you where you want it to?
6) You should not kill tasks. When done with maps, exit back to the home screen. When done with Navigation, use the exit button in the menu. If other apps have a quit/exit button you should use it, but it's not always necessary, depending on the app.
7) The braille takes you to a different screen. Try dragging your finger across them.
8) You can move any widgets you don't like into the trash by long-pressing them and dragging them. That's about all you can do unless you root.

One last thing I'll throw in here: you might enjoy a different web browser. Try Dolphin HD or xScope. You can set the user agent to computer/desktop so you can use non-mobile sites. The browsers also have tabs.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I find it humorous that all anyone can suggest is LauncherPro....

OP
H

HuJass

Reaction score
Well, I downloaded LauncherPro but it doesn't show up in the app list.

And then I was playing around in settings and accidentally unmounted the SD card.

Can I get a little help here.

Zac7

Reaction score
launcher pro will show up when you hit the home button. Set it as default when the pop comes up. Just go back to settings and remount your sdcard.

OP
H

HuJass

Reaction score
launcher pro will show up when you hit the home button. Set it as default when the pop comes up.

I never did see a pop-up, nor did I get a chance to set it as the default.
But the screen has changed. The icons at the bottom are different and there's nothing else on the screen. Nor are the 7 different home screens there anymore.

If I wanted to un-install launcherpro, how do I do that. There is no icon for it in the apps list.

Zac7

Reaction score
Well it sounds like you had set launcher pro as your home screen hit the menu key the key with the four squares on it and play with some of the settings in launcher pro. If you want to uninstall go to settings, applications, then scroll down to launcher pro and click on it. It will give you some options and one is uninstall.

Zac7

Reaction score
settings in launcher pro would be hitting the key with the squares on it and at the bottom click on preferences not settings my fault. You can change number of home screens and number of docks and other things like that. Lots of settings.

OP
H

HuJass

Reaction score
I don't think that app downloaded or installed correctly.
The phone was acting weird after I installed it.
I uninstalled it and it's running like it was before.

LostRedneck

Reaction score
1) Is there an app so I can easily view my MSN & Hotmail accounts?

MSN Messenger? MSN Droid or MSN Talk

Hotmail can be done through the build in mail app though it is apparently buggy,

2) Can I download apps using my computer & push them out to the Droid via it's USB cable? yes but it is a bit of an annoyance.

you can download the app, stoe it on your phone then use another app like astro to find the app on your phone nad install it as long as you select "install for unknown sources" in the settings menu

3) Where are pictures stored when you take them? I mean, how do I navigate to where I can delete pictures.

They are stored in the DCIM folder, if you are looking for them while connnected through USB

4) How do I move an app off of the homescreen and back into the app list?

jsut delete it off the home screen by longpressing and moving it to the trashcan at the bottom , the app never left the app list

5) There are seven different home screens. I've picked one. How do I lock it so that it stays my home screen? Because even after I selected my home screen, when I hit the Home button, it goes back to the main screen. Is it supposed to do that?

the main home screen is the one in the middle, That is where it will default always, and that is the screen you should choose as your home screen. If you dont like this option you an download Launcher pro where it gives you the option of choosing a default home screen, though you loose the ability to use some of the Blur widgets.

6) What's the final word with Task Killers and Android 2.2?

Most say you dont need them, I have not had such luck and still keep one on my phone jsut in case

7) When you change your home screen, there are what looks like brail characters at the bottom of the screen. What do they do? And how do you get them to stay on longer?

those brail looking things are quick links to your other home screens, if you tap them you will instantly jump the the home screen it represents. You can not make them stay longer, hosever if you want then gone, install Launcher Pro

8) What should I get rid of in terms of apps and bloatware that came with the phone? How do I do that?

you cant fully uninstall them yet, however Launcher Pro will let you hide them so you you have to waste your time

Launcher Pro will also give you the option of how many home screens you want and will give you a pinch ability where you can pinch in onthe screen ans wee a thumbnail of all of your homescreens on one screen for qick selection of the screen you want