Gingerbread question

Droid_X_2010

Reaction score
I have seen only way to go back to 2.2 using RSD, but can you use maderstock zip? to flash back also from 2.3?

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Actually if you are on gb rooted and can get into clockwork, you can use mader or monster to get back to froyo. Sbf is required only on unrooted gb.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gingerbread does recognize zips, maderstock's zip is like a backup zip. Any backups you have from 2.2 will not work on gingerbread, same with 2.1 backups not working on 2.2.

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Zips will work, nandroids made in cw will not.

OP
D

Droid_X_2010

Reaction score
I just worked up the nerve to SBF. I read the how to's on a couple different post from here and X forums, but thats not all there was in SBF the RSD program booted my phone then told me to cut the phone on??? my stupid self unplugs it and it got stuck in the VZW sync and wouldnt go anywhere so i wipe data/ factory reset which got me back to 2.2 (whew my heart dropped for a second on that one) but after all that i will wait till its offically released OTA...

I have to say i did like 2.3 overclocked to 1.2 LV got 1986 on Quadrant.

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
I just worked up the nerve to SBF. I read the how to's on a couple different post from here and X forums, but thats not all there was in SBF the RSD program booted my phone then told me to cut the phone on??? my stupid self unplugs it and it got stuck in the VZW sync and wouldnt go anywhere so i wipe data/ factory reset which got me back to 2.2 (whew my heart dropped for a second on that one) but after all that i will wait till its offically released OTA...

I have to say i did like 2.3 overclocked to 1.2 LV got 1986 on Quadrant.

Glad it worked out for you :) You didn't HAVE to sbf, but its good to know how anyway.