Gingerbread on May 27th

Scubamike

Reaction score
Kennydied23, are you one of the "soak testers"? Also, did you check for the update or were you notified by Verizon?

dreamjaeil

Reaction score
Let the download complete, go to /cache with root explorer and move the file to sdcard. Contact P3Droid on Twitter immediately.

**apologies, didn't initially see you were already in GB. ;)

P3droid is already soaked. He is working on the root right now

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ethion

Reaction score
Wasn't it the upgrade to 2.2 that resulted in a million DXs, mine included, having constant reboot issues? Maybe not for sure, there are a lot of varying factors of course, but I know the number of stock people having reboot problem increased exponentially following the 2.2 OTA.

I've been running 2.3.3 595 for a week now and I'm thrilled. It runs well, for 5 days I've had not one reboot, not one fc, everything has been smooth and excellent.

The UI has been revamped and most stuff is white with black text and looks real nice also.

Email and Web have cut and paste finally. I'm not sure if it works in other apps. You just press and hold on the screen gives you selection tabs, drag and select text. Tap the selection to copy it.

Exchange email sync seems to be working perfectly. No more stalling and not syncing without a reboot.

Has a standby mode now so you can shut it down to standby for near instant reboot. Great for travelling on the plane.

So far 2.3 is awesome. Only issue I'm having is with a widget that shows how many messages are in gmail. For some reason it doesn't update very often.

wyld

Reaction score
Still can't manually update here in Indiana! Lol

Sent from my DroidX using DroidForums!

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
There should be another release for the OTA to follow to the masses....in addition I am sure P3 is close to ready to release one of his own. I know per his last tweets he has successfully SBF'd back to 340 and reflashed an odexed version. He was working on the 595 to 596 version first then the other leaks and so on.

cece5702

Reaction score
OTA update

Who has it? How is it? The good the bad the ugly?

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
Lol nice I sooo sick waiting lol froyo driving me nuts

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well seems we can't get anyone to copy the update.zip outta /cache so the rest of us can partake in the fun

I haven't heard squat about it

randizzard

Reaction score
It looks like flows an runs alot better from that video post. But still may be best to wait for the root access before jumping on the bandwagon of GB.

Yeah I'm thinking I may just go with the GB leak version & see how things turn out.

I have been running .588 leak for two weeks. Very buggy for me but the .595 leak may be more stable. I didn't get to try cuz I sbf'd back to froyo just for ota.

cece5702

Reaction score
Okay the roll out for the update was yesterday. No one has mentioned that they received OTA? Or is everyone just keeping quite. Has it been delayed?

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It must be delayed i've sbf'd back and didn't do anything to it to make sure I can get it. I wanna share it with everyone, but it has not been pushed yet

FreeMyMoto!!!

J_Bone

Reaction score
Yes...ota soak has been downloaded by some.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Attention Everyone

I have just merged two threads both titled OTA Update on the front page in the Droid X General Discussion.

Before you open a new thread you are suppose to search to see if an existing thread has already been started. Now I understand the nature of people who use forum, specially newbies, they just post up. But I can't for the life of me figure out how someone can post a new topic with the exact same title that is on the same page they started the new thread on.

So please at least scan the first page to see if something is up already on your issue. We don't need 5 threads on the same subject.

Thank for your cooperation.

-hook

philnolan3d

Reaction score
I just signed up for the Motorola Owners forum. I didn't see any question about testing software. The closest I saw was "May we ask you for feedback about your phone?" to which I replied "yes".