Gingerbread killed Car Bluetooth Audio

twshield1

Reaction score
Same RSD lite. My phone has never been rooted and running stock. When I tried flashing sbf froyo it always gives an error.

nateohio

Reaction score
It shouldn't matter whether you've been rooted or not. Are you running windows 7

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

twshield1

Reaction score
Yes I am running windows 7 and I am also using the recommended sbf file for my bootloader which is 30.04

nateohio

Reaction score
TWShield- Check your private messages I sent you a link and some other info to help you out.

Also, make sure that you unzip the sbf file and place it on your desktop before opening RSD lite. That seems to fix alot of the issues people have with RSD lite

mgrasber

Reaction score
no fix for now. Just spent a couple hours on the phone with a) Verizon b) Motorola c) Verizon again. Motorola admitted it was a problem with their phone and the software but said that verizon would have to provide the replacement. Verizon then said that they couldn't "upgrade" my phone but they could downgrade it. They also gave me the option of sending me a free bluetooth headset so I just opted for that. I will continue to search for a solution since this whole issue is pissing me off. I'll definitely let you all know if I come up with anything!

mgrasber

Reaction score
I also spoke to infiniti - Only suggestion was to delete the phone from the car, take the battery out of the phone for a few minutes, put it back in, power on the phone, re-pair the devices and "that should fix it" - no dice. The guy said there were no updates/flashes/fixes that could be applied to my car at this time.

bangbanjo

Reaction score
Mitsubishi Lancer and Droid X same problems

After I updated to gingerbread, I am having the same problem between my Droid X and my Mitsubishi Lancer, so it is not just Nissan

twshield1

Reaction score
Has anyone else running stock froyo updated to gingerbread via over air update, had any luck sbf-ing back to froyo? If you are rooted please dont respond as i am attempting to determine if the gingerbread update prevents reverting on stock roms.

jamesm1129

Reaction score
Solution in the works!

I spoke with an awesome tech support person at Verizon (Nikki) about losing the bluetooth audio in my car (Infiniti G35) like everyone else. She took the time to track down the manufacturer of the bluetooth system in the car, called them and discovered that it is a widespread problem, and that a fix is in the works. Apparently the manufacturer and Motorola are working on an OTA fix and hope to have it out in about a week and a half. That was yesterday (6/22.) Nikki also mentioned that is possible to flash back to Froyo if you do not want to wait. Hope this helps!

chasman

Reaction score
A little off track but bluetooth related. Got the x working with my Garmin GPS. Is there a way to play Slacker radio thru the GPS via bluetooth in order to listen to it on the cars sound system? Thanks.

blueliner16

Reaction score
I spoke with an awesome tech support person at Verizon (Nikki) about losing the bluetooth audio in my car (Infiniti G35) like everyone else. She took the time to track down the manufacturer of the bluetooth system in the car, called them and discovered that it is a widespread problem, and that a fix is in the works. Apparently the manufacturer and Motorola are working on an OTA fix and hope to have it out in about a week and a half. That was yesterday (6/22.) Nikki also mentioned that is possible to flash back to Froyo if you do not want to wait. Hope this helps!

Nikki sounds like a winner. Thanks for the update. If this is going to get fixed, I can live without it for a week or so, but if it goes past that, it will be a real problem.

grueinthedark

Reaction score
Verizon sent me a replacement Droid x as well and after I set it up to find out it wouldn't work either, I decided to call Verizon again. Long story short, they are now sending me a HTC Thunderbolt as a replacement.

Tricky on Verizon's part...trading one problem for another.
Lots of Thunderbolt users are having a HUGE problem with their phones either freezing up or rebooting randomly.

Based on another user in my family experience with the Thunderbolt, I'd keep the Droid X

ksfrogman

Reaction score
FYI, I had, well, actually still have the original HTC Droid Incredible that had Froyo. It synced contacts to my 2006 BMW 330i without any problems whatsoever. I just upgraded to the HTC Droid Incredible 2 with Gingerbread, and it no longer syncs contacts to my car. It recognizes the BMW bluetooth as a headset, not as a phone.

p.s. Droid = Verizon.

SportsEd

Reaction score
My devices seem to connect OK, but they will randomly drop and reconnect. More worrisome is the range. If my bluetooth is in my left ear, I lose my signal if I hold it out to the right. I've got a range of about 10 inches right now. How do I revert back to 2.2 from 2.3?