Gingerbread killed Car Bluetooth Audio

NXLTrauma25

Reaction score
So I updated to GB and now the bluetooth in my 350z connects but has no audio. I read on the Motorola Support Forums someone is having the same problem with their Titan's bluetooth.

It works perfectly with my Jawbone headset but would really like to work again as it did in Froyo with my car integrated blue tooth. Any ideas? Could I switch the bluetooth apk back to 2.2?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I updated to GB and now the bluetooth in my 350z connects but has no audio. I read on the Motorola Support Forums someone is having the same problem with their Titan's bluetooth.

It works perfectly with my Jawbone headset but would really like to work again as it did in Froyo with my car integrated blue tooth. Any ideas? Could I switch the bluetooth apk back to 2.2?

Yes, go back to 2.2 Froyo. Those things can happen, perhaps bluetooth is flawed on Gingerbread.

OP
N

NXLTrauma25

Reaction score

Yes, go back to 2.2 Froyo. Those things can happen, perhaps bluetooth is flawed on Gingerbread.

Can I just copy the 2.2 apk and profile and use that on GB?

Fenway72

Reaction score

Can I just copy the 2.2 apk and profile and use that on GB?

I want to know this also. I have an Interphone F4 motorcycle BT headset that only streams audio now. No voice works.

Can we install the bluetooth from Froyo in GB?

picma

Reaction score
I too have an Interphone F4 BT for my motorcycle helmet. It was working fine. Now with the new Gingerbread upgrade to my Droid X, I can only use the media player. The BT phone connects, but will not answer and I cannot hear anything. If anyone has any suggestions short of returning to previous version 2.1 please let me know.

Fenway72

Reaction score
I've been looking for over a week now. Thus far I believe that either there is no working bluetooth on any gingerbread rom, or it's just that the interphone is not compatible.

Having tried three different roms and having the same results, I went back to froyo. I'll just wait for the ota because a rom without a working bluetooth is completely useless to me.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

soulpatch

Reaction score
I have the Scala G4 for my bike and it too now has issues with the OTA Gingerbread update. I hope someone has a fix OR knows of one coming. I woudl like to have my headset alert me to calls should I need to take an important call...

As of now I am having to plug my phone in which is a PITA and a shame for a smartphone to have an important feature these days crippled...

twshield1

Reaction score
Same here. When my Droid x was running 2.2 froyo i had no issuse with bluetooth pairing to my 2007 nissan sentra. Now after 2.3 Gingerbread update, i can pair to my sentra but there is no phone audio. I also contacted motorola and verizon and did not get any help from either. My droid x has never been rooted and always ran stock. I wish i would have never installed the 2.3 update. I purchased a car equiped with bluetooth specifically because my state has band talking on cell phones wile driving and bluetooth hands free was my alternative to this law.

Does anyone have any idea how to remove the Gingerbread update from an unrooted x?

soulpatch

Reaction score
I have to call into the Tier 2 tech support when I get home to see if they know of a fix or for them to submit this. The basic tech support obviously could not solve this issue as honestly it is a SW bug that needs ironed out...

twshield1

Reaction score
I have to call into the Tier 2 tech support when I get home to see if they know of a fix or for them to submit this. The basic tech support obviously could not solve this issue as honestly it is a SW bug that needs ironed out...

That would be awsome. I really like the new look of the droid x and the increased speed and movement but loosing bluetooth connectivity to my car is not worth it. Would be nice if there was a way to keep both:)

Snow02

Reaction score
You guys can try going into bluetooth settings once you're connected. Long press on the connected device and choose modify. You should see check boxes for phone and media audio. Toggle those until both show as connected.

twshield1

Reaction score
You guys can try going into bluetooth settings once you're connected. Long press on the connected device and choose modify. You should see check boxes for phone and media audio. Toggle those until both show as connected.

Been there, Done that! Even a smart phone ignorant person such as my self explored all the settings including the ones you mentioned and i conlcuded that there is an issue with the bluetooth software in the update itself. I had no issue with bluetooth for over a year with 2.2 froyo:)

Fenway72

Reaction score
I was able to pair my interphone F4 on a stock DROID X2 and was able to use phone audio and hear voice over the BT device.

So I can confirm the problem lies with the gingerbread roms.

Too bad it is not MY phone. Guess I wait until december when my contract is up before I can use my BT again.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

mgrasber

Reaction score
+1 on this. Here is my post from another thread on this forum:

--------------
Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but as I'm going through the forums, I'm noticing a lot of the people (myself included) seem to be having problems connecting the BT with their cars.

Specifically I'm reading a lot about Nissan cars and BT (maxima, tundra, sentra from what I've read so far). I have an infiniti (made by nissan) with the exact same issue. Worked fine with my Droid X yesterday and now it's garbage after I upgraded the OS.

Even tried wiping my phone after backing it up. No dice.

Can anyone else jump on the Nissan bandwagon? Or is it just a coincidence?
-------------

msdfr

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my Infiniti. No phone audio through bluetooth. Can place calls just fine through the car, but can't hear anything.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums