Gingerbread killed Car Bluetooth Audio

danotsx

Reaction score
Add Honda/Acura to the list. My 2011 TSX worked with the Droid X without isuse, until the GB update was installed last week. Calls drop when placed and not able to pick up incomming calls are the issues I am experiencing. Tried re-pairing and wiping the phone with no benifit.

Fenway72

Reaction score
Is that the OTA or a rom you installed? I was hopping that when the OTA is released it will fix this issue, but if its the OTA ill need to know how to block it from updating. I don't want it if the BT is broken.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

mgrasber

Reaction score
My upgrade was OTA - haven't done anything with roms. I think no matter how you slice it, gingerbread breaks BT in certain situations when all is said and done.

danotsx

Reaction score
It was the OTA that is causing BT issues for me. I was really hoping that it would be fixed when the OTA was released, but I was wrong. I don't know of a way to block the install, but you can keep choosing not to install when prompted which will only delay the inevitable.

Maddox

Reaction score
I have a Nissan Altima and the problem is occurring for me as well. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to work for me.

twshield1

Reaction score
I spoke with verizon tech support and they told me this is a wide spread problem with the new gingerbread os update. The only solution the tech could offer me is sending a replacement Droid x and i choose not to install the update. He also stated that "the replacement probably would not have the new OS installed since the update was just released and their warehouse inventory would not have the updated so soon." Well i recieved the replacement Droid x today and when i saw the (RED) Moto on start up, i was like.....:icon_evil:
"The Replacements already have the update guys, or i have the worst luck"

Maddox

Reaction score
I just spoke with a guy at work who said the bluetooth in his car is working after the update. He has a toyota 4runner. Does anyone know how soon it might be before a new update will be available to patch this issue?

mgrasber

Reaction score
No one has any clue from what I am reading. Only thing I heard as a potential cause to the problem is an upgraded BT stack on the phone that is no longer compatible with the BT software in our vehicles. I suppose someone could try going to the dealership to see if they could update their vehicle with the newest flashes/firmware/software available. Other than that I'm thinking we're SOL until the next update comes out in probably 2014 ish. Even then we might still be stuck - impossible to know at this point

Maddox

Reaction score
Verizon sent me a replacement Droid x as well and after I set it up to find out it wouldn't work either, I decided to call Verizon again. Long story short, they are now sending me a HTC Thunderbolt as a replacement.

msdfr

Reaction score
I have the problem with no phone audio through bluetooth that is built into the car. I took my car in for routine maintenance yesterday (2007 Infiniti G35x). I can answer the question of dealership help, there is none. The X (and X2) are not supported by Infiniti (and I would assume Nissan too). If you look at the list of phones they support, Infiniti Bluetooth | Wireless Phone Technology | Infiniti USA, most of the Motorola ones are older. Nice job staying current Infiniti/Nissan. (/end sarcasm) I really like my X, and don't want a different type of phone. So I am pondering getting bluetooth speaker for the car. Hate to have to do that with bluetooth built into the car, but from everything I read online, this doesn't seem like a problem that will be fixed any time soon.

twshield1

Reaction score
I like my Droid x as well. Verizon offered me a Thunderbolt and i graciously declined! not only is the video quality and resolution inferior to the droid x, the battery life is terrible like most HTC devices.
I tried flashing sbf file to return to froyo and it was unsucessful. has anyone had any luck reverting back to froyo on unrooted droid x?

nateohio

Reaction score
Why don't you guys just flash a Froyo SBF?

I know it sounds intimidating, but it's really not all that difficult.

twshield1

Reaction score
I am almost certain I said in my last post that i tried it already. The gingerbread os doesn't allow flashing if your phone is un rooted and running stock.

nateohio

Reaction score
Really? Because I've done it twice in the last two days using RSDlite trying to decide if I wanted to run Liberty GB or the OTA GB.

What method were you using?