Gingerbread Keyboard

homeeey

Reaction score
I don't have a check box for the Swype keyboard in the settings/keyboard menu. Only way I can get the GB keyboard is to uninstall swype and the android KB.

Anyone else?

Mr. Killzone

Reaction score
I was looking for keyboards on the marketplace and came across the gingerbread. I installed the free version and when I went to settings to switch to it it said that it can collect personal data and credit card info. Perhaps I am just paranoid but does the gingerbread keyboard just collect it to phone or something more "sinister"?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

dbst

Reaction score
It's just a warning that pops up for every keyboard, all of the popular keyboards from the market are safe to use

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Mr. Killzone

Reaction score
Thank you. I figured as much but I just wanted to make sure.

Mr. Killzone

Reaction score
I changed the settings and I can't get the settings to apply. Any thoughts? I did save the settings.

Mr. Killzone

Reaction score
I have tried restarting the phone to see if that would work but it did not.

bassmankc

Reaction score
I rooted just because I loved the gingerbread keyboard on my D1, and now I can't seem to find any good links, I'm not looking for a custom ROM, just the keyboard. Can anyone pull this out of their hat for me?

bmking24

Reaction score
Honestly, if I remember correctly it is available in the market. I think I remember seeing it there during one of my many travels around the market! Or since you're rooted, you could just load cm7 on it and have ALL of gingerbread!
Hope you find it!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bassmankc

Reaction score
I downloaded it, and its really not as good... lol, I'm trying to stay away from the ROMs for awhile, it tends to become an obsession with me! But thanks for the suggestion.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

bassmankc

Reaction score
Thank you that is the only I was looking for, the link I found was dead!

bassmankc

Reaction score
Ok do I flashed this and it shows up in my keyboards, however when I select it, its still the stock kb, any ideas?

seang

Reaction score
long press in a text input field. you should see an option to select the KB there.

Last edited:

TheLastNative

Reaction score
Finally discovered tonight that Gingerbread was finally released for the DInc2. For the past two weeks I've been using the Gingerbread keyboard that I got on the Android Market. Now that Gingerbread is installed I want to use it's new keyboard without the app, but I can't get it to replace HTC's keyboard.

I unistalled the app but where do I go to change it. I looked in the keyboard settings but there is no option.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Go into the keyboard settings and make sure the keyboard you want to use is checked. This only activates the keyboard, it doesn't select it. Now open the browser. Touch and HOLD your finger in the url bar, a little box will pop up. Select "input method" and pick your keyboard.

HTC replaces the stock gingerbread keyboard with their own. You will have to install the stock gingerbread keyboard first if you want to use it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Last edited: