Gingerbread Keyboard

TheLastNative

Reaction score
Go into the keyboard settings and make sure the keyboard you want to use is checked. This only activates the keyboard, it doesn't select it. Now open the browser. Touch and HOLD your finger in the url bar, a little box will pop up. Select "input method" and pick your keyboard.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

I'm not getting that input method window. Remember I unistalled the gingerbread keyboard app because I didn't want to have "2" of them...if that makes sense. I only get HTC's keyboard of Standard, Compact and Phone. Where is the black Gingerbread keyboard?

evan2001

Reaction score
I dont see what you are saying. Can you give more details..?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go into the keyboard settings and make sure the keyboard you want to use is checked. This only activates the keyboard, it doesn't select it. Now open the browser. Touch and HOLD your finger in the url bar, a little box will pop up. Select "input method" and pick your keyboard.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

I'm not getting that input method window. Remember I unistalled the gingerbread keyboard app because I didn't want to have "2" of them...if that makes sense. I only get HTC's keyboard of Standard, Compact and Phone. Where is the black Gingerbread keyboard?

I believe the "black" gingerbread keyboard is from a vanilla gingerbread build. HTC will still offer their version of their keyboard in the Sense implementation of GB.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
You will have to reload the gingerbread keyboard app. I'm using it right now. The GB keyboard wasn't included in the update. Once you download it, go to menu>keyboard>select gingerbread keyboard. Open a text message or internet and long press in the input area. A little screen with a icon that looks like a keyboard key with the letter A on it will pop up. Tap that then select gingerbread keyboard. The new keyboard will now show up.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

TheLastNative

Reaction score
I honestly feel like that's false advertising. "Hey, here's this new keyboard we revamped to you guys! Oh but HTC phones won't get to see or use it... it still looks cool though right?!"

GuiltySparc

Reaction score
i've been using swiftkey x beta, i like it a lot better than the sense keyboard.

M

Mwsr

im using the black gingerbread one its pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:

devator22

Reaction score
HTC updated the sense keyboard for the gb release. It's not the stock gb keyboard, but that doesn't mean it isn't different. I actually prefer it to all but the stock gb keyboard now.

teanpa

Reaction score
I have tried restarting the phone to see if that would work but it did not.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Perhaps you should uninstall and reinstall the keyboard? Maybe that'll help.

Jonas

Reaction score
Are you running any ROMs or are you rooted? Some ROMs have what are called "sticky options" issues, meaning your settings don't "stick" or stay, they revert back. If thats the case, let me know what ROM you have, and I can try to walk you through help. If not, I would try the uninstall method teanpa posted. If you aren't 100% on that keyboard btw, I absolutely love Swype, and it's free. It's a little different from what you might be used to, but once you get the hang of it, you'll probably love it too.