Gingerbread Gingerbread Where R U?

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I running GB leak 573 with no issues. GPS and WIFI both work as well at tether. Have stayed with this version and not chased after the other two leaks. May also avoid the 'official Verizon' release.

Guyute

Reaction score
O, and by the way, im on liberty 2.0.1...so how can i flash over to liberty .5? Can i just buy the donated toolbox to upgrade or will i have to install it all myself?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

You have to have the donate toolbox, then flash .1, then flash v.5 the one that includes the kernal. Check out the Liberty forum on this board for details.

Rocko

Reaction score
They won't give us GB until they sell many DX2's. Its all about the money. I say 4-6 months after they release the X2.

Okay I'll bite... Do you actually have something factual to back this up? Or are you merely trying to start another baseless Internet rumor?

Yes and no. There are no rumors surrounding the droid X and gingerbread. May 26th hard and final date set in stone.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
Sounds like the Droid X2 will not launch with Gingerbread as it's OS but a new version of Blur. Which most likely also means that the Droid X will not get its official upgrade to Gingerbread until the Droid X2 does. Reference Droide Life.

Last edited:
OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Does anyone have concrete facts? I keep hearing different things. Yes its coming, No its not coming, Do you really want it anyway? If your rooted, no and if your not rooted, yes!

I guess Gingerbread will come when Gingerbread is good and ready. :)

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think the closest thing I'm gonna get to Gingerbread is baking it in the oven myself. Hahahaha!!!!:icon_ banana::motdroidvert::icon_ banana:

danible

Reaction score
I am running stock froyo, what steps do I need to take to update to the latest gingerbread leak. I am tired of waiting. By the way I am not rooted.

quiet1

Reaction score
I am running stock froyo, what steps do I need to take to update to the latest gingerbread leak. I am tired of waiting. By the way I am not rooted.

My suggestion, if u've waited this long then might as well wait till after the DX2 comes out to see if there is any talk of GB rolling out. No point in loading a leaked GB if the official one comes out a few days after.

Scubamike

Reaction score
There is a guy...

There is a guy in the Fascinate forum, I think his name is Tenacious Bee, that was pretty spot on regarding the Fascinate Froyo update. I might PM him to get his take on this. He was talking like he had some inside info and it proved to be 100% correct.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/05/16/sony-xperia-play-to-be-first-verizon-phone-with-gingerbread/

If this ends up being true well then I really hope the update hops to the original droid x asap.... cuz I really dislike waiting forever.. haha

Well some guy received the gb update to their test dx and it said may 26 which is the day the droidx2 will be released so we could get a mass update on that day. I say this being droid x 2 is still ob froyo so why would vzw want dx1 owners to have updated software then its replacement.

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up.

Fumbles93

Reaction score
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/05/16/sony-xperia-play-to-be-first-verizon-phone-with-gingerbread/

If this ends up being true well then I really hope the update hops to the original droid x asap.... cuz I really dislike waiting forever.. haha

Well some guy received the gb update to their test dx and it said may 26 which is the day the droidx2 will be released so we could get a mass update on that day. I say this being droid x 2 is still ob froyo so why would vzw want dx1 owners to have updated software then its replacement.

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up.

True true. But still you know?
And yea I read that article too, and I think it's true also but then I read the article that I put up, I felt doubted.
but I'm sure it's coming the 26th altho I'm getting tired of waiting.... I feel like that's all I'm doing - especially with what happened with Sony and the PSN going down lol