Gingerbread/Gapps

tylerh

Reaction score
I dl'ed Kaos gingerbread rom and gapps for gingerbread...a bunch of different .zip files from different places and file sharing places and none of them work. i always wipe data, cache/dalvik then install the rom, then gapps. then i wiped both and installed the rom, rebooted, and everything worked fine, except no google apps... so flashed gapps, and either it won't complete the install or it will install, and get to the welcome droid screen and the little hand will freeze before it hits the android and then goes into a boot loop. anyone that can help would be appreaciated. thank you. I've been messing with this since 8pm lol, im all outta ideas. could it be the rom/gapps combo?

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
I dl'ed Kaos gingerbread rom and gapps for gingerbread...a bunch of different .zip files from different places and file sharing places and none of them work. i always wipe data, cache/dalvik then install the rom, then gapps. then i wiped both and installed the rom, rebooted, and everything worked fine, except no google apps... so flashed gapps, and either it won't complete the install or it will install, and get to the welcome droid screen and the little hand will freeze before it hits the android and then goes into a boot loop. anyone that can help would be appreaciated. thank you. I've been messing with this since 8pm lol, im all outta ideas. could it be the rom/gapps combo?

I'm confused because your post is in the HTC Droid Eris forums, yet your Avatar and stuff on the left says you're using a OG Droid. Either way, kaosgingerbread is not very stable. There are a lot of bugs still in it. If I were you I would use either GSB, Tazz's GB Build or any other GB ROM from XDA. Theirs are more stable and updated more frequently as Kaos is working with several devices at the same time and doesn't really have the time to update all of his ROMs as frequent as others.