In search of Gingerbread ROM

beamer182

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm back in the market for a new ROM, however this time, its going to be a gingerbread one. Here's what I've come up with so far. I've flashed KaosGingerbread v8, and It worked fantastically, with the errors that were mentioned in the changelog occuring frequently. Only, when I tried to flash Google Apps over it, it didnt choose to let them show up as installed apps. Anyway, I tried flashing google apps a couple times and restarting multiple times and it still didnt work anyways. So I moved on. I decided to try flashing another ROM, and I came up with the most current working bugless eye appealing ROM I've found yet, which (In my opinion) is GingerShedBread (GSB) v1.7. This ROM requires the usual wipe (Dalvik and data) and flash, then flash gapps over it and boot. However for me, the issue becomes, when I try to flash the ROM, it always comes up with an error saying that this or that file is corrupt. Anyone with a working version please let me know what I can do to fix this, and/or upload a working version.
THANKS!!! :D

OP
B

beamer182

Reaction score
So, my search is over, now that I've found the correct way to flash GSB v1.7. its....incredible to say the least. no lags, speed faster than you can blink an eye, and no flaws. everything i've tried works, and i will continue to update based upon these areas. I 100% recommend this ROM as it helps speed along with batterylife more than froyo could begin to understand. the apps and everything work like magic and i am just entirely happy with this ROM. The problem I was having was I was trying to move around the file too much (from computer to flashdrive to computer to micro sd card), which in the end somehow corrupted the file. In the end, I finally just choose the Mount Usb-MS option in the root menu, and moved the file directly from my main computer to the micro sd card, and it worked perfectly. Post with questions!

qman66

Reaction score
i want to install this on someone elses eris. does everything work? please let me know what doesnt work

Hyposprayer

Reaction score
Installing v1.8 as I type. Are there any issues concerning the App Market? I've heard that it disappears.

OP
B

beamer182

Reaction score
Installing v1.8 as I type. Are there any issues concerning the App Market? I've heard that it disappears.

It is quite impressive, and No, there are no issues with the market, i use it all the time without any issues whatsoever.
The only error I've found throughout the entire ROM after a week of use, is that there is no haptic feedback option when typing, which I find just a bit annoying, because i really have come to like that back on the regular 2.1 preinstalled ROM.
Otherwise, everything works perfectly, and runs smoother than could be.

jplyler

Reaction score
i am wanting to put that gingershed rom on my sister eris seeing battery life sucks to high hell and i am running ss5.2 on my d1 with eighteen hours of battery life where do i get this gingershed one can someone point me in the right direction thanks!

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Install mine!! Link is in my signature below, either one (froyo or GB) are EXTREMELY STABLE are not loaded with bloatware like most GB and froyo ROMs. If you have any problems, questions or concerns you can PM me here OR at XDA.

mamawm

Reaction score
Install mine!! Link is in my signature below, either one (froyo or GB) are EXTREMELY STABLE are not loaded with bloatware like most GB and froyo ROMs. If you have any problems, questions or concerns you can PM me here OR at XDA.
i'm not sure how i missed your roms. i'm gonna download your gingerbread rom and one of these days when there's no kids around, i'll flash it. thanks for the heads up, for all the hard work, and for your service, too.:clap:

CondemnedSoul

Reaction score

I'm curious.... What bloatware is conap, tazz and workshed's ROM's loaded with?

tazzpatriot

Reaction score

how could it not when ur using conaps froyo ,, and u asked if u can build off my gb , and say ur using the same source as me ,,,, we have the same roms bro lol and if i remember correctly ,, u added things to ur gb rom and mine is pure nothing added lol :icon_ banana:not trying to pick on ya bro ,, but shouldnt make statement that just aint rue lol

EDIT and btw ,, if anyone wants a pretty much pure gb rom ,, i built off cm but just about ALL cm is removed,, just settings ,basiclly is left,,,(and some cm libs) other then that ,,, its pure gb ,,just sayin.... :p

Last edited:

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09

how could it not when ur using conaps froyo ,, and u asked if u can build off my gb , and say ur using the same source as me ,,,, we have the same roms bro lol and if i remember correctly ,, u added things to ur gb rom and mine is pure nothing added lol :icon_ banana:not trying to pick on ya bro ,, but shouldnt make statement that just aint rue lol

EDIT and btw ,, if anyone wants a pretty much pure gb rom ,, i built off cm but just about ALL cm is removed,, just settings ,basiclly is left,,,(and some cm libs) other then that ,,, its pure gb ,,just sayin.... :p

You know, I'm actually going to keep my mouth shut on people "using" other peoples things for their ROMs. My ROM does have stuff removed from it that I consider bloatware DSP Manager, Homescreen Tips, DevTools and some other stuff that I can't remember. The stuff I added were low sized files which compensate for what I took out. Still has a smaller size than a standard CM7 ROM. For you to come on here and TRY to put me on blast like that is pretty childish seeing as how I didn't mention ANYONE'S name in my post. Wow, pretty glad I got away from the Eris AND XDA. Thanks for reminding me why.