Just rooted eris.....help

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
So i just rooted my eris with the one click app. Got root, then i flashed the kaos rom. Well i saw there was a gingerbread rom so i downloaded that to my sd card and went into recovery and i didnt see the gingerbread rom that i downloaded. Here is the ROM that i downloaded.... [ROM][3/5/2011] GSB v1.9 | GingerBread 2.3.3 [CM7.0.0 RC1 NIGHTLY] - xda-developers .

I used to have a rooted droid OG. When i flashed new roms i had to go to sprecovery and do a update.zip. Do i need to save the rom as an update.zip and do it the same way or what? I really wanna get this gingerbread rom on here now but i need somebodys help. thanks

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
Check your "download" folder on your sd card. The ROM needs to be on the root of your card, not in a folder.
thats right..... i totally forgot about that.....thanks for the help.... lets see if i can get it now

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
you can flash a new kernel to your device, be extremely careful though!!!! Flashing a kernel is a very common way to turn your eris into a paperweight. always do a nand backup before flashing anything !!!!!!!!!!!

beamer182

Reaction score
you can flash a new kernel to your device, be extremely careful though!!!! Flashing a kernel is a very common way to turn your eris into a paperweight. always do a nand backup before flashing anything !!!!!!!!!!!
my question is, how do you restore a nand backup after you flash a faulty kernal that bricks your phone? is it even possible?

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
ok so i guess i wont flash a kernel, ill just live with this one. HOwever, i have noticed that with this rom....whenever i try to open up setcpu to overclock my eris.....the phone freezes and i have to do a battery pull.... anyone else get this? also, its been a longggg time since ive done a nandroid backup when i had my og droid....so could somebody refresh my memory as to how to do one?

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
my question is, how do you restore a nand backup after you flash a faulty kernal that bricks your phone? is it even possible?
Your post is lacking in detail a little so let me ask a few questions first.
Is your phone bricked?
Are you able to get to Recovery?
What kernel are you trying to flash?

Now for an answer, if you flash a kernel that messes up your phone (bootloops, won't boot to the main screen), if you are using Amon-RA recovery just boot in recovery with vol down+end, Select "nand backup/restore", select "nand restore", choose your nandbackup that you want to restore and wait for it to finish.

ok so i guess i wont flash a kernel, ill just live with this one. HOwever, i have noticed that with this rom....whenever i try to open up setcpu to overclock my eris.....the phone freezes and i have to do a battery pull.... anyone else get this? also, its been a longggg time since ive done a nandroid backup when i had my og droid....so could somebody refresh my memory as to how to do one?

Most posts about kernels have instructions on how to flash them correctly. As long as you follow those instructions you should be fine. Just make sure you read through the entire thread, watching to see if people report problems with it. As for setcpu, it sounds like you're just trying to overclock too high, what are you trying to set the device at? To do a nand backup, just reboot into recovery with vol down+end. I only know how to do this with Amon-RA recovery so if you have clockworkmod, this process may be different. After you reboot into recovery, select "Nand Backup/Restore", then select "Nand Backup" and wait for the process to finish!

Last edited:
OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
Your post is lacking in detail a little so let me ask a few questions first.
Is your phone bricked?
Are you able to get to Recovery?
What kernel are you trying to flash?

Now for an answer, if you flash a kernel that messes up your phone (bootloops, won't boot to the main screen), if you are using Amon-RA recovery just boot in recovery with vol down+end, Select "nand backup/restore", select "nand restore", choose your nandbackup that you want to restore and wait for it to finish.

Most posts about kernels have instructions on how to flash them correctly. As long as you follow those instructions you should be fine. Just make sure you read through the entire thread, watching to see if people report problems with it. As for setcpu, it sounds like you're just trying to overclock too high, what are you trying to set the device at? To do a nand backup, just reboot into recovery with vol down+end. I only know how to do this with Amon-RA recovery so if you have clockworkmod, this process may be different. After you reboot into recovery, select "Nand Backup/Restore", then select "Nand Backup" and wait for the process to finish!
i figured it out.... thanks for the help though. im going to try to unistall and reinstall setcpu and then see if that fixes anything

debraclarke85

Reaction score
Can somebody please tell me the best method to use to root my Droid Eris. Thanx

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums

debraclarke85

Reaction score
Ok thanks ima try that n ill keep u posted on how it went. Thanks lots!

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums