Gingerbread failed to download

jerryq2

Reaction score
Hello I have tried to download gingerbread twice and it failed. Clockwork recovery v 2.5.0.6 showed up everytime the phone reboots. After that the gingerbread load fails. The correct sstem version is there but the android system is still froyo. I took the phone to VERIZON and they don't know why it won't download.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

sacnvz

Reaction score
Did the rep at Verizon say anything about having Clockwork on your phone?

Anyways.....This same thing happened to me last night. I downloaded the OTA for GB and when it would shutdown to install I'd end up going into Clockwork.

I just SBF'd and then downloaded the OTA. That worked for me. GB has been running just fine for me.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
SBF'D what is that

Basically flashing your phone back to stock Froyo. Makes it just like it was out of the box.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
That's the name, Clockwork.

Do a data wipe when your phone boots into Clockwork's recovery. I did this after the same fails and it installed successfully after that!

CrownMyCoke

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my GF's DX. I did not putt CW on the phone but I bought it like that for her. So, if I do a data wipe, what am I going to lose?

Also, if everything is going to be lost to factory, can I not get rid of what is causing GB to load correctly?

Edit: I am running a rooted Z4Root and I was able to smoothly do it. I know its not the same. Any help would be awesome!

Last edited: