Gingerbread battery drain

crodgers0618

Reaction score
I was running Darkslide up until friday sbf back and am now running the leaked/rooted .596 and I am not at all impressed with battery life I haven't even set anything up because I'm waiting for some DSGB. I'm sure it will be better then...

Sent from my Rooted GB DROIDX

gimlet72

Reaction score
I was running Darkslide up until friday sbf back and am now running the leaked/rooted .596 and I am not at all impressed with battery life I haven't even set anything up because I'm waiting for some DSGB. I'm sure it will be better then...

I like the Irish logo

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

crodgers0618

Reaction score
Thanks
Musclemilk you can always sbf back to froyo.

maligirl

Reaction score
update

phone has been running smoother since i did the reset. basically it was just a pain, but i realized it might make my phone actually usable and reliable again! just dealing with the factory settings is frustrating. i tried moving some apps to my sd card, which didnt end up working. as the other stated, i found some apps i hadnt used in a while and didnt re-load them. today will be the test for the battery tho...

Natey2

Reaction score
@maligirl To confirm... the apps you had prior to factory reset did not auto-reinstall after the reset process?
And the apps that you did reinstall manually, was the data (app configuration settings) lost after the reset?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

maligirl

Reaction score
some did, and some didn't. i did write down the ones i wanted to get again, and some of them were already on there after the reset and some weren't. no rhyme or reason to it. all config was lost on the ones that remained tho.

Natey2

Reaction score
some did, and some didn't. i did write down the ones i wanted to get again, and some of them were already on there after the reset and some weren't. no rhyme or reason to it. all config was lost on the ones that remained tho.

Thanks for the info! I would say Google is not backing up app data to the Google account. Looks like app data is only on the phone and gets erased during a factory reset.

So does anyone know what the Backup/Restore check boxes do under the Android Privacy settings? I thought those were meant to preserve the app data in situations like this!

maligirl

Reaction score
ok, so battery life was MUCH better after reset. Lasted from 430-1730 before batery drained to 30%. HUGE improvement from before. However, this morning while getting settled in at work listening to some music, phone shut totally off mid song. no clue, but i would say there is still an issue somewhere...

cyclonemick

Reaction score
I have noticed that my battery life is actually bettter now that I have the Up-date! first couple days sucked but it did get better and now better than ever! DO have a question though, I have seen people refrencing a "Factory Reset" HOw do you do that?? Was hoping it might bring back my LED missed call lights! I have searched my settings and this forum with no luck, Can someone please steer me in the right direction!

Natey2

Reaction score
After 8 hours of use mostly idle, Display 35%, Phone idle 30%, Cell standby 25%.
This is ridiculous!
And this is after I fixed my perpetual contact sync problem, which I thought was draining the battery.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

What are you talking about? The question is how much you've used. Those percentages are the percentage of what's been used. So if you're still at 70%, the display has only used 10.5% of your total charge (35% of 30).

Battery was around 60%
And all the numbers on the Battery Usage did not total 100%
In the 9 months I've owned my DroidX, I've never seen Phone idle or Cell standby take up that proportion of usage.

For the record, after factory data reset, my Phone Idle and Cell Standby are almost always in the single digit % range, and not 20 or 30 % like before.
But, I have much less apps installed now too, so it may no longer be grounds for a fair comparison.
The factory reset did not auto-reinstall my apps, and all my app related data was lost :(
Battery life is comparable (but certainly NOT noticeably better) than during the Froyo days.

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
i have also did a few factory resets and did show some improvement but not alot but the biggest improvement was letting the phone run out of juice untill it turned off then leave the phone off while recharging it untill 100% do that a few times ihave much better battery life now :icon_ banana:

Natey2

Reaction score
However, this morning while getting settled in at work listening to some music, phone shut totally off mid song. no clue, but i would say there is still an issue somewhere...

Yesterday I was reading email and my phone shut off suddenly too. What is going on?

kevinkar

Reaction score
However, this morning while getting settled in at work listening to some music, phone shut totally off mid song. no clue, but i would say there is still an issue somewhere...

Yesterday I was reading email and my phone shut off suddenly too. What is going on?
I was also listening to music using the stock music app and the phone froze and rebooted twice so far. I have not yet made the decision to do a hard reset which might clean out some stuff and make the phone work better...

Last edited:

maligirl

Reaction score
Mine did it after the reset.....BUT has been fine since. After reset much better! Hubby's refusing to reset and having problems with his.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Natey2

Reaction score
8 hours running on battery, after a full charge.
10% battery remaining

84% screen display (lowest intensity)
7% cell standby
5% phone idle
2% DroidForums

Decent battery life?

Last edited: