Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Gingerbread-based Dual-Core HTC Shooter Emerges

Gingerbread-based-Dual-Core-HTC-Shooter-Emerges-2.jpg

HTC Corporation is reportedly gearing up for the launch of a new, highly-appealing handset powered by Google's Android operating system, one that just emerged into the wild under the name of HTC Shooter.

The handset has been spotted on the GLBenchmark website, where it performed a single test, it seems, with the model number PG86100 attached to it.

According to Blog of Mobile, The HTC Shooter might easily prove to be the one and the same device as the HTC EVO 3D, which should make an official appearance on the airwaves of Sprint.

No official confirmation on the existence of this device emerged for the time being but a series of rumored specifications on it are already available, including the fact that it might be based on Android 2.3.2 Gingerbread when hitting Sprint's network.

According to the news, the smartphone would pack:

• 540 x 960 qHD display, though the exact size of the screen is not known for the time being.

• Also include an Adreno 220 GPU, which is reportedly slated to be incorporated in a series of upcoming Qualcomm chipsets.

• Shooter is rumored to pack a 1.2GHz dual-core MSM8660 Snapdragon application processor inside

Gingerbread-based-Dual-Core-HTC-Shooter-Emerges-3.jpg

Now these specs sound awfully close to the rumored breakdown of the HTC Pyramid we caught a glimpse of yesterday, although the Pyramid is likely to be a GSM handset, tipped for a T-Mobile debut in the US. If Shooter really is the EVO 3D, all should be revealed next week at CTIA in Florida, where it is expected to launch alongside a version of the Samsung Nexus S suitable for Sprint.

By Ionut Arghire

Source: Softpedia

nyeshia0431

Reaction score
So much for the Thunderbolt......Why couldn't they have just held out for a device similar to this one? So now there will be tht Pyramid(possibly) and the Shooter with dual core technology.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Thunder what.....

We need an up-ranking system. lol.

With how crazy those people were for the Thunderbolt, I hope for their health they don't see this as it trumps the Thunderbolt.
This is what happens when people get sucked into the hype mill

Sent from my Droid

Blackhawk55

Reaction score
I didn't see a date attached to the shooter or did I miss it? Maybe I'm wrong but as long as you are always willing to skip what you COULD buy and wait for something unreleased on the horizon, it's always easy to shoot down anyone who buys what is available today. Isn't it? Fast forward to the day before the Shooter gets released...won't you be eyeing the specs of the next rumored device and chiding those buying the Shooter?

:) I'd love to see the announcement of the FINAL cell phone when we can all be sure that there cannot be a better device down the road if only we would wait.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Thunder what.....

With how crazy those people were for the Thunderbolt, I hope for their health they don't see this as it trumps the Thunderbolt.
This is what happens when people get sucked into the hype mill

Sent from my Droid

I'll admit I too get into the 'hype mill'. Luckily though, I'm willing to be patient and come to realize how average this device was. Would have been great in November, now not so much. Don't know about you, but after hearing of the Bionic coming pretty soon, I can wait.

cromag.rickman

Reaction score
Thunder what.....

If this "Shooter" phone is for Sprint, and the HTC Evo 3D is for T-Mobile, than even though the Thunderbolt is not as powerful it's the best Verizon has for an HTC flagship. Don't forget, some of us have only one choice for carrier and can't follow phones around. Now, if either the "Shooter" or Evo 3D were to make their way to Verizon in the near future...then I could see some Thunderbolt owners with MAJOR buyer's remorse.

bhall238

Reaction score
So much for the Thunderbolt......Why couldn't they have just held out for a device similar to this one? So now there will be tht Pyramid(possibly) and the Shooter with dual core technology.

One reason could be that if this is slated for Sprint (or T-Mobile), I would not even be considering it. I've been with several carriers and Verizon works best for me so that is going to pretty much limit what kind of phone I can get. It sounds like a great phone, but carrier plays into it too.

luv2golf

Reaction score
Verizon, being the largest carrier always gets the leftovers. Why does sprint and t-mobile get these phones and verizon remarkets them six months later under a new name.

funkyb

Reaction score
I didn't see a date attached to the shooter or did I miss it? Maybe I'm wrong but as long as you are always willing to skip what you COULD buy and wait for something unreleased on the horizon, it's always easy to shoot down anyone who buys what is available today. Isn't it? Fast forward to the day before the Shooter gets released...won't you be eyeing the specs of the next rumored device and chiding those buying the Shooter?

:) I'd love to see the announcement of the FINAL cell phone when we can all be sure that there cannot be a better device down the road if only we would wait.

+1, I need a new phone and am not waiting for 3/6/9+ months for the next wave.