Getting to your Verizon voicemail after switching to Google Voice

robbie0517

Reaction score
Oh I fixed it thanks. I am just wondering if downloading and using Google Voice - Voicemail will wipe out my saved messages in the Verizon Voicemail box.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh I fixed it thanks. I am just wondering if downloading and using Google Voice - Voicemail will wipe out my saved messages in the Verizon Voicemail box.

Your Verizon VM is hosted by Verizon. When you switch to GV, you'll be using a box on their servers. THey'll be separate. But, they won't merge. Though, there may be a way to forward a message from your verizon VM to your google number. Once you set up a GV number, that's what I'd try... forward your current verizon voice mails to your GV number. Not sure if it'll work, but I can't see why it wouldn't.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
How exactly would you forward them? It's one thing to forward voicemail from one box to another within the same system. It's entirely another thing to forward between systems.

Bmt1960

Reaction score
This might work. Ok maybe. Go back to verizon voice mail. Forward the messages you want to save to a friends phone. Then re-set up google voice and have your friend forward them back to you. Just a wild guess. Let me know if it works. There's prob an easier way, I just don't know it.

rda990

Reaction score
To disabe Google Voicemail dial "*73" and call it,it will hang up by itself,to re-enable Google Voicemail dial "*71 + Google Voice access number(Google #)" so it would be "*71_ _ _-_ _ _-_ _ _ _" and it will be back to google voicemail.