Getting the Maxx HD to display two separate drive leters

Captmilk

Reaction score
Hello all, I recently down graded to root then upgraded back to JB, unfortunately I didn't save all my pics from the internal before I did this. Normally I could use a file recovery program to restore these files. The issues is that now on JB the Razr Maxx HD shows up on the PC as a removable drive but has no drive letter assigned to it, so the files recovery programs don't see the device. I am about to degrade again because I believe that ICS gave two separate drives when you connected your device, one for internal and one for external. Before I do this does anyone have a easier idea?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If you plug the HD in on MTP mode and you see the one removeable drive if you click it it will show you the internal and external cards. I've never used a recovery program like that so no idea if that helps you at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
Captmilk

Captmilk

Reaction score
Yeah but none of the storage devices are labeled as a drive. I even pulled out my sd card and the pic still doesn't give a drive letter

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
Captmilk

Captmilk

Reaction score
Well I went back to ICS and I get the same thing, both drives are labeled under an icon named "portable device" with no drive letter. Sucks!

OP
Captmilk

Captmilk

Reaction score
Capture2.JPGCapture1.JPG

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They got rid of mass storage in Jelly Bean. Therefore, its managed by the device, and not the host OS, such as Windows. Therefore, no drive letters.

Its stupid, and one of my biggest issues with JB. I hate it. With a passion. It actually boils my blood, cause mass storage with a drive letter and letting Windows manage it makes things soooo much faster and nicer. I digress.

Anyways, yeah, no USB storage, no drive letters in Jelly Bean.

coopdroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the link Captmilk, DiskDigger just saved my life. I've been searching forums for two days and this is the first time I've seen anything about DiskDigger. Worked perfectly and restored some very dear pictures I'd stupidly deleted. Awesome app.

OP
Captmilk

Captmilk

Reaction score

Np glad it worked

Thanks for the link Captmilk, DiskDigger just saved my life. I've been searching forums for two days and this is the first time I've seen anything about DiskDigger. Worked perfectly and restored some very dear pictures I'd stupidly deleted. Awesome app.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk