Getting pretty tired of the run around..

Zippster

Reaction score
To be honest, I've about had it with the "this store said this and that one can do that but not this crap" associated with this whole deal.

Verizon you spend god knows how much money on all the prime time ads on TV promo ing Droid, play the suspense game with the site etc buidling it all up, yet I go into a CORPORATE store today to continue to resolve the NE2 issue you created on my account and the Droid is NOWHERE in site, not a poster, sign...NOTHING. Not to mention that while I was there I figured I would inquire about business hours on Friday 11/6 and quantity of stock, for being your next big thing, when I said the word DROID, you would have thought I dropped an F BOMB with the looks and blank stares I got, now its about 4 days away and the best your on floor sales people can tell me is what is on the web is it????

I am all for hype but this bordering on major stupidity IMO.

:r_c:

J

JohnDroid

To be honest, I've about had it with the "this store said this and that one can do that but not this crap" associated with this whole deal.

Verizon you spend god knows how much money on all the prime time ads on TV promo ing Droid, play the suspense game with the site etc buidling it all up, yet I go into a CORPORATE store today to continue to resolve the NE2 issue you created on my account and the Droid is NOWHERE in site, not a poster, sign...NOTHING. Not to mention that while I was there I figured I would inquire about business hours on Friday 11/6 and quantity of stock, for being your next big thing, when I said the word DROID, you would have thought I dropped an F BOMB with the looks and blank stares I got, now its about 4 days away and the best your on floor sales people can tell me is what is on the web is it????

I am all for hype but this bordering on major stupidity IMO.

:r_c:

Zippster,

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. Keep in mind we are not an official Verizon site, we are just a bunch of enthusiasts... like you.

With that said, sounds like you had a bad experience. I've never had a complaint about the Verizon reps in my area... my only complaint would be long lines and wait times. Once I'm talking to someone though they've always been top notch.

Hope you get your problems worked out!

OP
Zippster

Zippster

Reaction score
No I know John, sorry if it came off that I was bitching at anyone here, more just thinking / complaining out loud to / about Verizon. ;)

I have had Verizon wireless for 10+ years, home phone for who knows how long and now Fios and never had any real complaints and couple small ones I did have, they handled superbly, this whole deal though they have made it seem more like they are doing us a favor taking our money vs being happy to have the business.

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
thats just crazy Zipp..how can they not know? Maybe you were in T-Mobile or something. Were you drinking?

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
They did the same thing when the Storm 9530 came out last year. All so secretive, All so cloak and dagger. It's their marketing section. It dose have the desired effect too it seems. It builds the hype, the "I Want it Now" attitude. And it keeps all of us on the edge of our seats waiting for the next little tidbit of info we can find out about the device they are releasing. We only have to endure this for a few more days.

Soon, all the dreamers of the DROIDS, will be holding them in their hands, all them dollar bills will be flowing into VZW's and Moto's coffers. Everyone will be happy.

OP
Zippster

Zippster

Reaction score
thats just crazy Zipp..how can they not know? Maybe you were in T-Mobile or something. Were you drinking?

ROFL, actually Cereal, I think I would have gotten more answers had I been in T Mobile. lol I think I need a timeout and a couple drinks from this whole ordeal though before I burn out and dont enjoy my new toy.

I inquired to the rep too why no floor model to even show and said BB about half a mile down the road had one out ( granted it was fake pos ) and his reply was that BB has a different contract with Motorola? I said a better one then the provider? wow, just strange IMO again.

Hype is great, cloak and dagger not so much, ****, tell me you only have 5 coming in, get here early and prepare to fight, I'm all for that, just dont stare and go "I dunno" :blink:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I called 4 different VZW stores in my area and they all new about the launch and what time their doors would open but thats just crazy that where you went they have no clue.

What area do you live if you don't mind me asking?

OP
Zippster

Zippster

Reaction score
Buffalo NY area.

Its not that they didnt know, it was like pulling teeth though to get them to answer much of anything, it wasnt like I was asking for insider specs / info, just simple stuff.

Any of your verizons give you any input on per store stock?

*edit - they did have to make a call to verify business hours, lol.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I remember last year, I was number 19 in line at my local vzw store. They only gave out 20 tickets at this time. Had to take my kid to school. And every person I saw walk in ahead of me, walked out with a Storm. When I finally got my turn at the counter, they only let a few of us in the store at a time, they acted like the storm I was getting, was the last one. And I saw it played over and over again around me. We all heard they were only going to have 10 to each store back then. But a FedEx truck did bring in two boxes of something while we were waiting on line though. After the FedEx truck left they came out and gave out another 20 tickets.

I am not sure how it played out after I left. But I saw a number of people leaving with more that One Storm as I stood on that line. But the thing that stuck most in my mind from that Nov day last year, was the lack of accessories for the Storm. I was online by 8am, I was out the door a little after 9/930 am. They opened last year at 7am too.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
negative...they said they didn't know : )

Yeah yeah they want us all lined up like cattle out there....

The CSR did give me his card and told him to call thursday night so he could reserve a unit for me. But who knows how that will go.

OP
Zippster

Zippster

Reaction score
Thats sort of what I was trying to figure out too Jim, do I need to get there at opening? 6 hours in advance or what? I believe they would like to sell me one so why not help a little at least. Ours opens at 8 am.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
As far as what time they are opening their doors on Friday. All I did was go to the VZW store locator online, and search for the store in my area. The time was listed in RED on Friday as opening at 7am, marked as early.

It did beat having to talk to someone.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I plan to be at my local store at around 630 am, chair and coffee in hand. Because, I REALLY WANT THIS PHONE !!! , Sick, Huh :icon_ lala:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have one reserved for me, good for anytime friday. i'm thinking i'll be there sometime around the crack of noon.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Maybe I will sneak down to my local store on Wed or Thur and see if I can get one hold too. But, I will still be on line waiting anyway.

EDIT: Ok, just got off the phone with my local VZW Store. Got a young kid on the phone, young to me anyway. he took my name and phone number to pass on to sales. Suppose to call me to let me know if they will have enough in stock. They couldn't guaranty me a phone, but could give me an idea of if I was going to be able to get one. He also said they had plenty of HomeDocks in stock, but the car docks they were waiting on information about them.

So there you have my phone in experience. Time for HEROES Catch Ya Later :p

Last edited: