Reassurance, PLEASE! I think I just shorted my phone out...

neccoguy21

Reaction score
Like an IDIOT I just couldn't wait to get back to my phone, so after only letting i sit for about 2 hours by itself (albeit i did blow it out with co2 and shot it with the hair dryer) it doesn't matter. I tried to clean out the slider tracks because earlier i splashed a tiny amount of soda into it. no drastic harm, but it slid like glue after 5 minutes. I thought about it, got my plan together, and used the best combo of windex, water, and alcohol i had available to get the sticky out.

Long story short, i didn't wait like i should have, turned my phone on, and said, "tada! Im magic!". Then the barage of saved texts came flying in, and the phone froze. blank screen. lit dock buttons. looked like a faulty kernal issue, (cause thats all i do is rom switching) so i pull battery, put it back, and nothing. no recovery. no regular load. so i freak and pull the battery again. let it sit about 30 minutes, (im impatient i know!) and decide to plug it in usb style. it made the charge light blink, then nothing. wouldn't power on there either. i did notice it flash on for the boot for .2 seconds, then shut off. i died a little inside. so its now in a drawer. for at least another 2 days before i touch it.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME ITS GOING TO BE OK?!?!?!? (lie i don't care...)

Edit: So, long story short, I left it alone a couple days, and it came back. 1 day goes by, i leave it at a friends house pretty far away from where i live. it was off for another 3 days or so, and when i started getting back into it today, the backlight on the screen started blinking a slight dimness when the cpu was drawing power. then the backlight just crapped out. took it to verizon store (love that place, they take CARE of you. anyone saying different is probably expecting the VZW associate to be harboring their replacement phone right in their a**) and well, they took care of me. ordered overnight shipment of 5 for the store, and ordered overnight fed-ex to my house. whichever came first would be my "like-new" phone. The associate said her "like-new" droid was fine. She didn't use the slider much she said (wish i knew how that feels on the refurb) but the weird touchscreen issues were gone.

Last edited:

JCo352

Reaction score
Calm down it's going to be okay...:icon_ nono2:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It will be fine :D

Just a few more days till the X release!!! lol

OP
neccoguy21

neccoguy21

Reaction score
It will be fine :D

Just a few more days till the X release!!! lol

I just upgraded in march. im not seeing the X in my future. the next time i can get a new phone we'll all be telepathic anyway.

I WANT MY DROID BACK!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Awwwz I feel so bad for you :( I'm assuming you don't have insurance?

OP
neccoguy21

neccoguy21

Reaction score
Awwwz I feel so bad for you :( I'm assuming you don't have insurance?

yeah... before my droid i went through a total of 5 :censored: piece of :censored: LG Voyagers... made of :censored: plastic and scotch tape.... Insurance is not happy with me

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If after 2 days it still won't do anything..... take a chance and take it apart to see if you can pull a miracle out of your .....fingers...lol
I once took a similar chance on a Q9c and somehow found a shorted LCD screen and connector and replaced it.... couldn't believe I actually saved that phone...:confused:

OP
neccoguy21

neccoguy21

Reaction score
If after 2 days it still won't do anything..... take a chance and take it apart to see if you can pull a miracle out of your .....fingers...lol
I once took a similar chance on a Q9c and somehow found a shorted LCD screen and connector and replaced it.... couldn't believe I actually saved that phone...:confused:

normally i would do something of the sort, but the water damage i may or may not have forced upon my own phone was so precisely placed, there's no way it shows up on any sticker indicator. I'll be taking it back to VZ saying it just up'n'crapped out.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

normally i would do something of the sort, but the water damage i may or may not have forced upon my own phone was so precisely placed, there's no way it shows up on any sticker indicator. I'll be taking it back to VZ saying it just up'n'crapped out.
Sounds like a plan Bro... good luck

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Wow...I really feel sorry for you bro. I wish only the best!!! But if verizon tells you where you can stick your phone, then I'd go with what Mbk suggested. I watched a clip about taking apart the droid. Other than having to be a little forceful with the plates shielding the phone's backside, it doesn't look difficult. Torx screw driver and some time and you might be able to save it in the end

OP
neccoguy21

neccoguy21

Reaction score
Wow...I really feel sorry for you bro. I wish only the best!!! But if verizon tells you where you can stick your phone, then I'd go with what Mbk suggested. I watched a clip about taking apart the droid. Other than having to be a little forceful with the plates shielding the phone's backside, it doesn't look difficult. Torx screw driver and some time and you might be able to save it in the end

Yeah, I'm going to do everything i possibly can do myself before i pay $100 for a piece of junk from assssssssurion. seriously they throw pieces of broken plastic and chewing gum in a pit full of monkeys and give us anything that resembles a cell phone.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Yeah really. I was just talking to my gf about this. (Not a funny story btw, its sad) and she said that putting it into a bag of rice will draw moisture out of it. Might be too late, but hey. Best of luck

Reaction score
Get a bag of white rice and put your Droid inside of it. The rice sucks all of the water out. Trust me it works. I fixed my old bb Pearl that way

Edit:dang I didn't realize mikeofmike suggested that already