Getting my Thunderbolt tomorrow...what do you recommend...

King Nothing

Reaction score
I'm supposed to be getting my Thunderbolt tomorrow. Here are the things I am wanting to get with it, what are your recomendations?..

Extra Battery (The bulky one)
Car Charger
Case
What apps do you recommend for common use/battery saving.

Thanks!!

alboboy10

Reaction score
Big battery, change all your sync settings, don't put a million widgets you don't need.

I'm using my regular battery again (switch between 1400 and 2750) and I'm not desperate for battery with either one.

With the big battery I go two days...4g the whole time

Brian1

Reaction score
I recommend a seperate new gmail account just for the phone. Only use for buying apps and so forth and not give out to others. Then setup another gmail account for emailing other people. This way if you have to stop using your email account due to alot of spam or whatever it wont interfere with use of paid apps if you have to reload or change to a new or refurbed phone.

Brian

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I recommend a seperate new gmail account just for the phone. Only use for buying apps and so forth and not give out to others. Then setup another gmail account for emailing other people. This way if you have to stop using your email account due to alot of spam or whatever it wont interfere with use of paid apps if you have to reload or change to a new or refurbed phone.

Brian

That doesn't make any sense. Use your existing Gmail account, that way you will be assurred of no issues getting your email. Gmail has an excellent spam catcher, and if you do get spam you can mark it as such.

I'm sorry but I think this advice is really, really bad. I've been using my same gmail account I've had for 7 years and I've never had any issues.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I have a question regarding gmail for whoever can answer...my friend (after rebooting phone to factory settings) when he goes into market he sees all the apps he had before on the list.

When I do this, I can't see them there.

Somehow his gmail syncs to his market and saves everything he has downloaded, for the future as well. Is there a setting that needs to be turned on or something, why doesn't my gmail/market do this?

alboboy10

Reaction score

Brian

This wouldn't help him at all with his phone...No point to two emails imo.

I have never gotten spam on gmail over 2-3 years now.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie

Brian

That doesn't make any sense. Use your existing Gmail account, that way you will be assurred of no issues getting your email. Gmail has an excellent spam catcher, and if you do get spam you can mark it as such.

I'm sorry but I think this advice is really, really bad. I've been using my same gmail account I've had for 7 years and I've never had any issues.

Ya i agree there is no need for a separate gmail account

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I have a question regarding gmail for whoever can answer...my friend (after rebooting phone to factory settings) when he goes into market he sees all the apps he had before on the list.

When I do this, I can't see them there.

Somehow his gmail syncs to his market and saves everything he has downloaded, for the future as well. Is there a setting that needs to be turned on or something, why doesn't my gmail/market do this?

The new market only shows purchased apps

Reaction score
I'm supposed to be getting my Thunderbolt tomorrow. Here are the things I am wanting to get with it, what are your recomendations?..

Extra Battery (The bulky one)
Car Charger
Case
What apps do you recommend for common use/battery saving.

Thanks!!

My stock battery lasts all day so I haven't bought the big one and don't plan on it.

I bought a motorola micro-usb car charger on amazon for $3 and it works great.

I bought a Case-mate POP! case and I love it! It looks really cool and offers great protection. I went with the white one.
HTC Thunderbolt case | HTC Thunderbolt Pop! case | Cases for HTC Thunderbolt

I don't use a battery saving app. I just only sync what I need, turned off always on mobile data, set my screen brightness to 30% and I use Phone Info (available in the market) to set the phone to 3G only when I don't need 4G which is most of the time. Oh, you should also go into the blockbuster app and disable updating. That is a big battery drain for something that 99% of Thunderbolt owners don't even use.