getting lag sometimes. help with overclocking?

isoDUB

Reaction score
i'm on MIUI 1.8.26.0, and when i try to watch flash videos in Dolphin (with desktop user agent), i get A LOT of lag (not just on the video, but the entire phone might freeze up a little). i was hoping overclocking could help this a little. what kernels work with MIUI? i used to run P3Droid back on UD as high as 1GHz.

chewy74

Reaction score
People have reported lots of luck with Chevys mV kernel. Try the 1000 since thats the highest you've clocked it at.

I switch between Chevy ulv 1100 and deprime 1100

xtinct13

Reaction score
i really like this room but the flash performance on it seems very bad

my phone always hang on stock kernel

then i upgraded to chevy lv 1.0Ghz and it still very slow

now i am using chevy lv 1.2Ghz and the video now plays but very slow and sometimes it hangs

i already stress test to see if overclock is stable and i run about almost an hour StabilityTest

i think this room has problems handling flash videos and have very bad performance with those

i mainly use my Phone to check my email, watch youtube videos and watch livestream(own3d.tv)

i might switch to Liquid or bugless beast for now to be able to use flash, until miui fixed the very bad flash player performance :(

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You can try enabling the swap file to improve flash video performance. From terminal emulator, run 'su' to become root, then 'swap file' That should improve your performance some with flash.

macgyver1307

Reaction score
Any advice on a kernel that doesn't drop wifi every 5 mins and stops rje lag? I've tryed Chevy but no dice!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

chewy74

Reaction score
The wifi dropping & reconnect are not kernel related. It started when cm7 moved from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5 source. Your router on your home network asks for dhcp renewal and each time it does it fails renewal.

You can solve this by assigning a static IP to your phone. Go to settings /system /wifi then toggle the advance tab

Any advice on a kernel that doesn't drop wifi every 5 mins and stops rje lag? I've tryed Chevy but no dice!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited: