Getting double messages on my Droid?

tameone

Reaction score
Same thing has happened to me with my Droid since day 1.. it's infrequent and seems random. I don't let it bother me and never really looked for a solution :D

OP
Droid101

Droid101

Reaction score
Let us know if Chomp makes a difference

It seems to be worse than stock i am getting 5 of the same message. When I get home I am gonna try another theme see if this theme is causing the issue or not.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Riley

Reaction score
I use Handcent and have had it happen to me as well, 2 or 3 of the same MMS.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are settings in chomp and handcent regarding carrier delivery. Try adjusting those.
Also I will get multiple messages from my wife almost everyday and she gets them from me. Its just a miscommunication between servers somewhere.

-Droid Does

xliderider

Reaction score
I had this problem on my X recently, it was due to a theme I was using. There was an extra file in the System folder, Mms.apk that was causing the duplicate messages. I used Root Explorer to rename the file to Mms.bak to solve the problem.

Don't know if your problem is due to a similar situation.

I do have a theme on my phone I was able to find Mms..apk under system/app so I renamed it to Mms.apk. Is this the area in which you found Mms.apk on your Droid X?

Thanks for the help!

No luck with that it deleted my whole text messaging anyone with ideas?

Sorry, I should've been more specific. Yes, the file was in System/Apps. And there was a Messaging.apk as well as a Mms.apk in the folder. You probably don't have both files, so renaming the Mms.apk caused you to lose texting function.