getting a droid 2 upgrade early

Lucas5

Reaction score
Hi All! Technically, I'm not due for an upgrade until july of 2011 but i was wondering if there were any possibilities of getting good ol' verizon to hook me up with a D2 anyway w/o paying full retail price. Anyway, try it?

mrhenryb

Reaction score
Hey if you find a way please share ..Im not due until December and I dont want to pay retail

Sal R.

Reaction score
Good luck. I've been trying for the x and even talked store managers. No luck.

:-(

kenhunt

Reaction score
Hi All! Technically, I'm not due for an upgrade until july of 2011 but i was wondering if there were any possibilities of getting good ol' verizon to hook me up with a D2 anyway w/o paying full retail price. Anyway, try it?

Funny you ask, I got a Droid1 the day it came out, and then upgraded my other line to a droid x. Well just got a nice nifty little pamphlet today from verizon inviting me in to go extend my droid1 line (no need to since i have an x of course...) but hopefully you'll get lucky enough to get a pamphlet as well!

robble

Reaction score
Verizon is letting a bunch of people upgrade early. I've only had my Storm for 8 months of a 2 yr contract and I was able to upgrade to a droid 2 with the discount. Lots of people are getting this deal right now.

I wanted to give some kudos to the service rep who helped me, Larry Montero. He was very friendly/helpful (knew his stuff) and not pushy although I did get a couple accessories after he offered some nice discounts on screen protector and cases.

anyway, if you are going to jump on this deal give him a call. His number is 888-924-7934 ext 8032. You'll skip all the phone tree menu stuff this way too.

xandor

Reaction score
I was able to upgrade early, but I got a text message from VZW telling me that I could, so I didn't even have to ask.

I now have a new Droid 2, and I have a good home for my original droid.

ripsting

Reaction score
My New-Every-2 was going to mature on Dec. 31st, but I just added the Droid 2 to my cart and it came out to $199. I didn't get any text message saying that I could upgrade early. Also, it looks like I don't have to bother with a rebate either because they only charged my CC $199.

It's too bad I didn't see the $25 coupon until after I ordered. I did find a free overnight shipping coupon though.

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
Got mine for $146, $199 - $20.00ONLINE PROMO CODE -$50.00NE2 (Called and demanded from a supervisor) and then + tax :)

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i will say call and ask. Be nice to them when doing so. They are doing this on a case by case basis. Store Managers cannot ovverride this

illoosionz

Reaction score
My girlfriends upgrade was May of 2011. She called and complained about her BB saying it was slow, not running right and just said every single thing that was wrong with her phone, and she said she wanted to upgrade to a phone. They said yes right away and noted it on the computer. She picked up the droid 2 yesterday.

OP
Lucas5

Lucas5

Reaction score
some of the comments sound promising. Perhaps, I'll visit a local verizon store and ask nicely. The D2 being faster, having a much nicer keyboard and with more on-board storage is a very nice upgrade.

mindytyson3

Reaction score
Verizon is letting a bunch of people upgrade early. I've only had my Storm for 8 months of a 2 yr contract and I was able to upgrade to a droid 2 with the discount. Lots of people are getting this deal right now.

I wanted to give some kudos to the service rep who helped me, Larry Montero. He was very friendly/helpful (knew his stuff) and not pushy although I did get a couple accessories after he offered some nice discounts on screen protector and cases.

anyway, if you are going to jump on this deal give him a call. His number is 888-924-7934 ext 8032. You'll skip all the phone tree menu stuff this way too.

im guessing they don't upgrade in Georgia since i have already tried..ha.

mindytyson3

Reaction score
My girlfriends upgrade was May of 2011. She called and complained about her BB saying it was slow, not running right and just said every single thing that was wrong with her phone, and she said she wanted to upgrade to a phone. They said yes right away and noted it on the computer. She picked up the droid 2 yesterday.

gosh i wish i was that lucky!

mrhenryb

Reaction score

Hope we are not overloading Larry with calls I called left a message an he emailed me back n less than 20 min I cannt upgrade until Dec but he said by then there will some promos