Early upgrade???

mindytyson3

Reaction score
my upgrade is due next month on the 15th and i was wondering is there a way to get an early upgrade instead of waiting until the 15th? i know my husbands phone is ready for upgrade just because he is the primary on the account but mine isn't due yet. i hear all the time how people get early upgrades and i have no idea how they do it...ha. please let me know any tricks or whatever so i can get a new phone early but if not its fine just wanted to ask. thanks.

harv2000

Reaction score
my upgrade is due next month on the 15th and i was wondering is there a way to get an early upgrade instead of waiting until the 15th? i know my husbands phone is ready for upgrade just because he is the primary on the account but mine isn't due yet. i hear all the time how people get early upgrades and i have no idea how they do it...ha. please let me know any tricks or whatever so i can get a new phone early but if not its fine just wanted to ask. thanks.

Verizon is running a special right now that will allow you to upgrade now if you are due to upgrade by 12/31. Having said that, for myself I've just come to accept that the termination fee is part of the cost of the phone. If the combination of the early termination fee and the cost of the new phone is more than I'm willing to pay, then I don't upgrade.

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score

Verizon is running a special right now that will allow you to upgrade now if you are due to upgrade by 12/31. Having said that, for myself I've just come to accept that the termination fee is part of the cost of the phone. If the combination of the early termination fee and the cost of the new phone is more than I'm willing to pay, then I don't upgrade.

how do i get them to do this early upgrade? i have argued with them and even told them that my blackberry pearl is having problems and they still won't upgrade me oh well. i have tried but not sure what else to try..ha. help!

Purple Hayes

Reaction score
This upgrade will only apply to smartphones and it no longer applies only to the primary line. Hoever the New every two credit will not be moved early. However only Corporate, Premium retailers, and Online have the ability to upgrade you early. Venues such as walmart, bestbuy, radioshack etc. will not.

Last edited:

Purple Hayes

Reaction score
Think Outside the Box and add a line if you really want the phone.

No reason too, the Early Upgrade is very simply and adding a line Costs a $25 activation and contracts you for two years. In no way is that cheaper, or a good solution. I have done 7 early upgrades today two Bolds Four Droid 2s and an original droid. If u live in Houston I'd love to help you out.

Purple Hayes

Reaction score
That was a suggestion for someone that couldn't get the Early Upgrade, for whatever reason, such as not living in Houston ...

Its not an area specific promotion. All elese fails do the early upgrade online. Chances are all stores are out of the droids.

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
yeah i figured it out that i have to wait until my actual upgrade date. which sucks but its not too long from now so thanks to everyone on answering my forum. i tried but failed misserably...ha.

M.Opaliski

Reaction score
Oh and did I ever try too. Called Verizon Wireless a few times, went to my local 'Authorized Retailer' that I've been dealing with for years, went to other Retailers' locations, no dice.

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
Oh and did I ever try too. Called Verizon Wireless a few times, went to my local 'Authorized Retailer' that I've been dealing with for years, went to other Retailers' locations, no dice.

oh well i will wait until the 15th of next month no biggie just wanted to try..ha.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, if you are close to your eligible upgrade. If you go to an indirect VZW store or a corporate VZW store, more than likely they will say no. If you want to make any headway, you need to call Customer Service from your phone *611 or 800-922-0204 and be POLITE and tell them your phone is on it's last leg and it would be very helpful if you could have the upgrade eligibility changed now. If they agree to this, you will have to upgrade over the phone and not in a local VZW store.

This is the best angle to get your upgrade earlier. I had to get my tissues out a lot when I worked in a VZW call center, and if it was a good paying customer and not hard to get along with, I usually honored it earlier than the upgrade date. However, it went through manager exception, so I'd place the order, even though your actual upgrade date was not changed, and the manager would approve it. This is why when people say they called VZW and they said they'd all an upgrade now then go to the local store they'd look at their screen and say "sorry, we can't honor an early upgrade".

Butthead007

Reaction score
There is a department called continuity marketing that will do an upgrade within 30 days and they will honor a new every 2 credit on a primary line within 30 days.

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
Well i tried being nice and that didn't work either. i have tried everything and apparently they just don't want to upgrade me early! oh well! and my line isn't the primary line so can't do it early. i tried with my husbands because his is ready for upgrade but can't do that because i would extend his contract out and we don't need to do that because he is planning on cutting his off in january when the contract is up so can't do that either.