Get Unstuck from ICS Leak 200 (AKA Upgrading from 200 to 206) INSTRUCTIONS

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed any improvement in the newer leaks? Battery life or signal maybe? I am om 200 and wondering if there is a good reason to update.

UI transitions and animations are way smoother... overall the ROM feels more responsive, .206 would freak on orientation change when sliding out the keyboard; haven't noticed that on this build. As for battery, I've only been using it for six hours...I'll post back after some more time on it.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Also, you DO need to add the .img extension to boot206.img for that portion to work.
I fixed the instructions, my computer is set up so I can't change file types by renaming it (my wife uses the computer so I have to remove some options).

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
UI transitions and animations are way smoother... overall the ROM feels more responsive, .206 would freak on orientation change when sliding out the keyboard; haven't noticed that on this build. As for battery, I've only been using it for six hours...I'll post back after some more time on it.

I noticed it too, it seems to be more polished. They removed Caller Name ID app, and for some reason after reboot Google books and movies unfreezes and reappears in the app drawer.

The wifi icon in the status bar has a little arrow/triangle on it too.

Last edited:

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Better BT call quality, imo...just had a 30 minute chat. Much easier to hear/be understood.

kenji91

Reaction score
I fixed the instructions, my computer is set up so I can't change file types by renaming it (my wife uses the computer so I have to remove some options).

I totally understand and I didn't mean to call you out at all. Just figured I'd serve as an example for the noobs out there that want to try it so they can see what challenges a noob would face. :)

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I totally understand and I didn't mean to call you out at all. Just figured I'd serve as an example for the noobs out there that want to try it so they can see what challenges a noob would face. :)
No big deal, as long as it helps make the instructions more accurate I'm happy.

kenji91

Reaction score
No big deal, as long as it helps make the instructions more accurate I'm happy.

It might be a good idea to mention that Windows by default hides extensions so it would just show up as "boot206", even though it really is "boot206.img", as in your case.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
It might be a good idea to mention that Windows by default hides extensions so it would just show up as "boot206", even though it really is "boot206.img", as in your case.
If you're just changing the name it shouldn't change the file type, which is the benefit of having the file type hidden. Therefore when i changed the name I didn't have to type ".img" at the end.

The bottom line is the complete file name should be changed to boot206.img as listed in the instructions. No one has fouled it up yet :)

kenji91

Reaction score
If you're just changing the name it shouldn't change the file type, which is the benefit of having the file type hidden. Therefore when i changed the name I didn't have to type ".img" at the end.

The bottom line is the complete file name should be changed to boot206.img as listed in the instructions. No one has fouled it up yet :)

I guess I just figured Android/Unix people would have Windows show extensions, in which case you'd need to put the .img in. But for those that have the default, putting the .img would make the file boot206.img.img haha.

The bottom line is, if you don't see the .img originally, don't add it. If you do, then make sure it's still there when you rename it. :icon_ banana:

Dave Lister

Reaction score
The link for the unstick utility on page 11 is broken. Does anyone have a working link for it?