Get Unstuck from ICS Leak 200 (AKA Upgrading from 200 to 206) INSTRUCTIONS

kenji91

Reaction score
Ok, so I tried it again. I'm still getting the same error. At "Verifying current system" when I'm applying the 206 (208) update, it says:

assert failed: apply_patch_check("MTD:boot8388608:fe086e1f547082 blah blah blah)
E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I got that too but it was because I accidentally downloaded 200 instead of 208.

Did you let the flashing of 219 complete all the way? It takes a while, then it will reboot by itself. Don't close it if you think it's finished, it is not.

kenji91

Reaction score
I got that too but it was because I accidentally downloaded 200 instead of 208.

Did you let the flashing of 219 complete all the way? It takes a while, then it will reboot by itself. Don't close it if you think it's finished, it is not.

I sure did. The OP said to rename the file "boot206" and to not add the .img at the end. At that step, it said it couldn't find /files/boot206.img so I renamed it to have the extension and it appears to have worked. It's still flashing the 208 leak right now.

ws6formula350

Reaction score
This step took me one minute. Something must be wrong...

If you downloaded the lite version of the utility, you have to unzip the .219 fastboot image to the /files/ directory. I did this before too, I thought I had bricked my phone, lol.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I went back and redownloaded the full version of the utility, with the fastboot files included, and it worked like a charm.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
That's why I linked the full version, there is one less step to do and hence one less chance for user error.

crockettc1

Reaction score
I'm getting an E: Signature Verification Failed when trying to install. Phone has been on awhile tinkering with it. Not sure how much battery I have left. Gone through the steps multiple times, any ideas or suggestions?

JKingDev

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed any improvement in the newer leaks? Battery life or signal maybe? I am om 200 and wondering if there is a good reason to update.

Last edited:

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
you had the same error? signature verification?
Yes, but because I put the 200 leak on my sd card instead of the 208 leak so I took out the sd card, put it on another phone, put 208 on it, and put it back in the D4. Then I started the process from the beginning and it worked with no hiccup.

kenji91

Reaction score
Everything finally worked. Got root and everything. But ROM Toolbox Pro isn't restoring my backups (it says failed) and Titanium Backup Pro stops as soon as I run it. F me, right?

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Everything finally worked. Got root and everything. But ROM Toolbox Pro isn't restoring my backups (it says failed) and Titanium Backup Pro stops as soon as I run it. F me, right?
Thats great to hear!

I just downloaded the apps from the market, I didnt bother restore it using Titanium.

kenji91

Reaction score
Thats great to hear!

I just downloaded the apps from the market, I didnt bother restore it using Titanium.

The way it's worded on the first page makes it a bit confusing as to whether I should overwrite the files in /files with the original 219's, or overwrite the 219's with what came with the RAZR utility.

Also, you DO need to add the .img extension to boot206.img for that portion to work.