get the ICS leak for Razr / Razr Maxx

ddfuji

Reaction score
[MOD EDIT] Please be very careful if trying this... been trying to follow this all night and have been seeing enough people saying it didn't work, or cheesecake messed something up, to think this warning is needed. We're supposedly only a few days from the official OTA, so it might be worth showing some patience. Cheesecake can be a risky app if not used properly. If you try this and mess things up, Matt's utility has been shown to work for restoration, and there are some good instructions here as well. If you try this and it works, then good for you (seriously, not sarcastic :)), and feel free to share your thoughts/screenshots, as I've heard it runs great. I, personally, am waiting, but only b/c I don't have time to tinker right now! So, you've been warned... ;) [END MOD EDIT]

How to get Ice Cream Sandwich leak on your cdma RAZR - xda-developers
saw this thread on XDA and though i should share. i am in the middle of trying it. some people claim that they have done it and it works. i think one thing the OP on xda left out was to unfreeze your bloat ware. as with any OTA this is important.

edit- i couldnt get it towork, didnt brick my phone but the cheescake app wasnt working for me. it wouldnt allow me to change server and i didnt see anything about it on the XDA forum. guess ill just wait.

Last edited:

Rufus65

Reaction score
I'm new to my Razr and the 4G network. (upgraded from a Droid 2 global) and I have just one stupid question: when it says cdma, does that mean I can still use the 4G LTE connection? Or is it not even relevant...

Sent from my DROID RAZR

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm adding a quick note to the beginning, just to make sure people don't rush into this. :)

OP
ddfuji

ddfuji

Reaction score
cdma is refering to the radio and kernel. cdam basically means verizon phones only. so no gsm, phones, ones you can use on cricket, at&t and other networks.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm new to my Razr and the 4G network. (upgraded from a Droid 2 global) and I have just one stupid question: when it says cdma, does that mean I can still use the 4G LTE connection? Or is it not even relevant...

Sent from my DROID RAZR

CDMA is a network type. All verizon devices are CDMA or in the case of the 4G devices CDMA/LTE.

A rom that is labeled CDMA will work on the Verizon version if the RAZR while one that says GSM will not.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Rufus65

Reaction score
Thanks, just needed to clarify...

Sent from my DROID RAZR

MartyChubbs

Reaction score
Also, for those who are losing root after ICS, does DroidRAZRUtility1.42 option 9 work? Droid RAZR Root for ICS 4.0.3? Reports are that might not? I am not on ICS yet :icon_evil:

I was stuck flashing back to 1.50/1.51...some claimed that starting at .744 was the trick..
Update: use the ICS OTA files to update through ROM Manager...details http://www.droidrzr....i-haz-it-4-yew/

Everything you need or may need one day:

Last edited:

Concistency

Reaction score
This method is confirmed and does work. I had no issues with it, just be sure you are on complete stock. If you do boot into the triangle, press volume + and volume - simultaneously and clear cache and reboot.

boddah

Reaction score
Could anybody that got this running please dump the system dir? I would much appreciate it

Rufus65

Reaction score
According to this Link step 9 says to "boot into stock 3e recovery and wipe cache." I understand wiping the cache, but how do I boot into 3e Recovery? Do I use safestrap or is their a button combo i need to press to get a normal recovery menu on the RAZR? ...without the use of ClockworkMod Recovery?

Rufus65

Reaction score
I followed the 10 steps exactly and when I did the first reboot it began to install ICS. after about 2 minutes of install I got the exclamation android instead of the unpacking android... why is this happening?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

pmbarrontx

Reaction score
This happened to me many times. I thought i was on stock 6.12.173 but apparently i was not. I had to use rsd lite to flash back to 6.11.744 and then update all the way back to 173. Then root then install the ics leak. It was a bunch of hassle because i was 100% sure i was stock, but that was the only way i could make it work. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums