Get rid of "Activation Incomplete" alert without factory reset?

Conz

Reaction score
upgraded to the s10, but kept my s7 as a music player/wifi compatible computer, etc. since then, there has been an annoying setup wizard alert that my activation is incomplete. i obviously have no intent to activate it, but i also don't wanna reset to lose the alert. you can't swipe it away either. anyone know what to do? it's annoying, but it doesn't stop me from using any apps over wifi or anything.

Appreciate it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
On all my old Android phones that are connected to WiFi only (no active SIM card) there is a persistent message for "No SIM card found..." (or something like that). Maybe what you are seeing is Samsung's equivalent of the same generic Android message since there is no SIM card installed?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Do you have the phone on airplane mode ?.. if no sim card put in airplane mode make sure data is turned off .. then use wifi

Note10+

OP
C

Conz

Reaction score
as far as i know it still has the sim card in it, b/c i just got a new phone and don't recall seeing the guy transfer the old one or anything.

i have to keep it in airplane mode forever now? it does go away when i have airplane and wifi both connected, but that seems like an annoying and pointless endeavor. pretty lame, but if that's how to do, that's how I'll do it. everything wifi still works while in airplane mode, correct? i just wanna maybe use it as my gym music player while also being able to log into the wifi and check twitter and stuff on the treadmill, etc.

thanks for the replies, guys

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
as far as i know it still has the sim card in it, b/c i just got a new phone and don't recall seeing the guy transfer the old one or anything.

i have to keep it in airplane mode forever now? it does go away when i have airplane and wifi both connected, but that seems like an annoying and pointless endeavor. pretty lame, but if that's how to do, that's how I'll do it. everything wifi still works while in airplane mode, correct? i just wanna maybe use it as my gym music player while also being able to log into the wifi and check twitter and stuff on the treadmill, etc.

thanks for the replies, guys

You don’t need a sim in ..if you have one I would remove it ...since it’s not connected to any network leaving in airplane is best and just use phone as player or connect to WiFi if you want to use it to surf or connect to other stuff sans cellular service ...

11 Max Pro