Generic Car Mount for Droid to use GPS

Reaction score
So I want a car dock. OEM won't work because I have a seidio case on it. I was going to use the seidio car dock. My first hesitation was the price. $50 is kind of steep, but also it hasn't been getting great reviews on here.

I assume there's a universal mount out there that will work and I could just add a small magnet to put it in nav mode. Anyway, what are mounts are other people using?

Not interested in the proclips mount because it mounts down low and to the right in my car. I want it up close to my view of the road.

OP
Sweet Kitten Feet
Reaction score
well I say windshielf mounted, but I'll probably end up buying a dash plate to stick to the dash and then putting the suction cup on that. Just needs to be portable, not permanent.

Looks like I might go with something like this http://www.motoroladroidaccessories.com/bracketron-car-mount-2786.html

I can get the grip-it thing but attach to a different mount. I'm not sure how this particular mount with the long flexible "neck" would hold up to road vibration. Bracketron has several sturdy looking windshield/dash mounts I could use.

crf69

Reaction score
Just ordered a cellet magnet holder tall about cheap........5 bucks

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not interested in the proclips mount because it mounts down low and to the right in my car. I want it up close to my view of the road.
Panavise might offer other locations for the vehicle mount but that's irrelevant anyway. Your Droid wouldn't fit the ProClip device holder with a case on it.

OP
Sweet Kitten Feet
Reaction score
Think I'm going to end up with the bracketron grip-it attachment and attached to one of their mounting arms, either dash mounted, or friction mounted, haven't decided.

OP
Sweet Kitten Feet
Reaction score
the 30 dollar goose neck braketron mount is great from bestbuy

The one with the 9 inch neck? I think it's probably too long for me (That's what she said). Also not sure how a neck that long would hold up to decent vibrations which I will have. Bracketron makes a short mount that extend to like 4 or 5 inches, but looks a lot more sturdy. I think that would serve my purposes well.

tdpolo26

Reaction score
yeah it does move a slight amount over big bumps but on smoother roads its fine if there was a shorter mount that would be prolly work even better. I liked the cradle that holds it the best because i can still keep the case to my droid on.