Modified Motorola Car Mount

ramonjoe

Reaction score
I modified the car mount a couple of months back using a cordless drill and different sized bits, going from small to big. I tried looking at other hacked mounts, but it was a little difficult guessing where exactly to place the center of the hole (why camera hole looks crappy). I will eventually fix the camera hole. It doesn't really bother me because it works fine. Originally I was going to try and make the speaker holes into a slit, but it turned out to be more work.

It's been about 5 months since I've modded the car mount (bought in Dec. for 30 bucks & came with car charger) and I am extremely happy with the outcome. I can't say that the motorola car mount is the best because I have not used or seen other mounts. Having said that, the mount is both easy to mod and made specifically for the Droid.

Side note: use the qik app to stream your drives. Seeing the road on the phone makes you feel like you are watching those police chase videos from the dash mounted cameras. very cool.

4496659704_69f8845e63_m.jpg

Droid car mount - a set on Flickr

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I did the same thing a couple weeks ago. Took the jeep into the woods and caught a couple short runs with the camera. The setup worked good but I gotta say the ruts and hazards looked way more impressive in real life :)

The camera and mount stayed put and there was some serious bouncing around going on. It stayed on the entire couple of hours we were in the woods.