A good car dock solution?

Rettocs

Reaction score
Well, over the weekend, I got my ProClip. I wasn't sure what to think when I ordered it, because I thought the installation looked weird. Now that I have it, The installation went like a breeze, and just like they say, you don't need to take anything apart. I love it, because I hate suction cup mounts, and I couldn't find a Droid-specific air-vent mount that was reliable. This thing is great, and I'm glad I ordered it! One very cool thing about it is that you can still slide the phone open while in the dock. I haven't found a universal mount that can do that yet.

I'll post pics / vids when time allows, but for now, just take my word!

vico512

Reaction score
Coming in a little late on this thread, but...

I have a new Droid encased in the Verizon Shell/Holster combo. Do any of the car mounts allow me to mount the Droid, without having to pry-off the case? If I understand correctly, the Motorola mounts have a magnet that puts the Droid in the Car Mode(?)

Thanks

DrDiff

Reaction score
I bought my Moto Droid on Saturday with the car dock that comes with a case and the media dock. I liked the free case and belt clip wiht the car dock. However it would not slide into the media dock/charger because of the honking huge knob on the back to attach to the car dock and belt clip.

I went back to Verizon where I got my Droid today and they said that they would exchange it for a snap in car dock for me on Tuesday.

needsnumbers

Reaction score
Avoid the ebay crap from overseas. It doesn't fit the droid AT ALL. Not sure where they got this from but I'll start a new thread showing pictures. It turned into a slightly more expensive USB car charger, nothing more. For shame.