Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
Twitter
mc_morris
It works well I used it with my iPhone friends

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

frankieg22x

Reaction score
I just pulled 23753 down and 41394 up in East Hartford on 4g with 4 bars...

I received a new updated 4g map from verizon and it should be stable in Hartford, Fairfield, and New Haven shortly.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I press the home button does my internet connection already close? I'm new to this and knew when I had my blackberry I had to select close but I cant find a close button on here

No, it does not but that should not matter. If you really want to close it press the back button.

Do not worry about your apps running in the background. Android knows how to manage it's memory and it does not affect battery.

Shusuke028

Reaction score
Ok, just throwing this out there hoping I don't sound like an idiot lol:
For those of you saying a deal breaker for the Thunderbolt was that it couldn't hold a 3G signal. It kept rolling back to 1x. I believe that is just a problem with Verizon's network in general at the moment.

The reason I say this is because, with my android devices (Samsung Galaxy Tab, D1, and Thunderbolt), they all fall out of 3G intermittently and go back to 1x, and sometimes they lose data altogether. So as frustrating as that is, I don't blame the device, it's Verizon's network at the moment. I have heard (for those of you that don't already have 4G in your area), that this is usually a sign of Verizon doing some major work on their network which could include 4G for your area..

which is definitely what I'm hoping for.

MrKleen

Reaction score
409 posts of everything and everything.... Why do the moss think its helpful to lump so much together?

It's impossible to follow this.

I guess we will have to start new threads.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Important info is being gathered and put into a separate thread that will remain closed so members can find what they need.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Google is your friend people. If you have Firefox or Chrome, type: droidforums.net <then your request> and you can find pretty much anything. Instead of having 5 billion threads about the same thing I like how like things are being combined.

n0yxl

Reaction score
Important info is being gathered and put into a separate thread that will remain closed so members can find what they need.

Well but if it isn't stickified it won't do much good either.

kparks

Reaction score
Bleeeech... i returned my 1st Tbolt because the plastic thingy below the home keys just started popping off. Got my 2nd one and the audio quality is complete shyyyte. Everyone says I sound like I've got a couple of pairs of socks wrapped around the phone. Tried to exchange it at the VZ store today and they gave me the big runaround. What a joke. This phone has serious build / QC issues & I will be returning it tomorrow. Will wait for 2Q/3Q phones that will be dual core, qHD displays, inductive charging, gingerbread, etc etc....

Tbolt is a major FAIL in my eyes. Everything from

*Botched launch date (over a month late!)
*HTC locked/signed bootloader lockdown, custom ROMs gonna be tough
*Poor build quality, 1st one fell apart after 1 day, light bleeding thru cracks at the bottom strip on all TBolts that I've ever seen.
*Buggy software (HTC keyboard is a buggy mess)
*No gingerbread
*price $$$
*Screen is "Meh" (display this size releasing today no excuse for not being qHD) and have you tried using this outdoors?? in sunlight it is flat out UNUSABLE, among the worst I've ever seen
*Audio problems: call quality has been so-so to really bad, and have you tried answering a call with headphones plugged in?? sorry you cant do that because the microphone gets shut off!!
*Awful battery life (1400mAh??? You make a huge ass monster of a phone and put a puny wimpy little batt in there --wtf??????)

Overall just an epic fail. Sorry HTC & Verizon but this is DOA. Better get going on the Bionic asap.

I don't get the complaints on most of what you listed and see some misinformation. The first being the release date. VZW said before the end of Q1 and never officially announced a date. The only time they did was a week before when they knew they were releasing the phone. The only ones that jumped the gun and gave false dates were BestBuy and people speculating with no actual proof.

The second one I don't get is the battery life. I have been 18 hours unplugged with moderate to medium use and have 49% battery left. On my extended battery I would have 76% left. Granted, I made some weeks but nothing no one else couldn't do. All you have to do is use common sense on things with a smartphone and your battery life will be fine.

Last, is build quality? Are you kidding? I think HTC makes the most solid builds there are. I work in the IT industry and have used every smartphone, pda, and blackberry known to man. HTC is by far the best! This is not personal preference speaking here but actual experience.

These phones are basically low end laptops. Can your laptop get 16+ hours on battery plus make phone calls? Didn't think so! If you want a phone to last 4 or 5 days get a feature or dumb phone and of you think and iPhone is better it is not. My wife has the iPhone and she has to charge hers every night with 27% battery left on moderate usage with time unplugged at 14 hours.

Knowing those numbers and facts on other phones and the iFail, this phone is far superior. My stock battery lasts longer than an iFail and I can at least change my battery (memory card also) to an extended and get almost 2 days usage out of the TB whereas the iPhone is already being charged and no LTE.

Please do not take me as attacking you as I am not. I just fail to see a valid complaint here. What I have just stated above this is all fact and will be happy to provide specs, screen shots, links etc, to back up what I have written.

Edit: I am not sure where you are getting the screen is crap. The screen is gorgeous and have no issues seeing it in direct sun light. Also, where do you get locked boot loader from. Within a week of the phone being released the phone was hacked and within a few days later ROM's were available. The den community is loving this phone and will devolved for it. You will not get this with an iPhone or Motorola (specially now with what they are doing to devs) and if there is a ROM for them it will be very limited.

I personally think you were a little unlucky and received a few bad phones. It happens as it is not a perfect world. Now if you get a third or fourth phone doing it, I will then listen to you. I had nothing but issues with Motorola ever since their first phone with Bluetooth that was available on Verizon. Verizon even had a class action lawsuit placed against them for this phone. This goes to show what garbage Motorola has pushed out their doors. The exception being the D1. That phone was solid and great with tons of functionality and mods.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App
Nice post I disagree with everything that guy said after owning this phone for just one day I can type fast as crap and get pretty good battery life and I was on the floor when he was talking about build quality lol are you serious

frankieg22x

Reaction score
Bleeeech... i returned my 1st Tbolt because the plastic thingy below the home keys just started popping off. Got my 2nd one and the audio quality is complete shyyyte. Everyone says I sound like I've got a couple of pairs of socks wrapped around the phone. Tried to exchange it at the VZ store today and they gave me the big runaround. What a joke. This phone has serious build / QC issues & I will be returning it tomorrow. Will wait for 2Q/3Q phones that will be dual core, qHD displays, inductive charging, gingerbread, etc etc....

*Poor build quality, 1st one fell apart after 1 day, light bleeding thru cracks at the bottom strip on all TBolts that I've ever seen.
*No gingerbread
*price $$$
*Screen is "Meh" (display this size releasing today no excuse for not being qHD) and have you tried using this outdoors?? in sunlight it is flat out UNUSABLE, among the worst I've ever seen
*Audio problems: call quality has been so-so to really bad, and have you tried answering a call with headphones plugged in?? sorry you cant do that because the microphone gets shut off!!
*Awful battery life (1400mAh??? You make a huge ass monster of a phone and put a puny wimpy little batt in there --wtf??????)

Overall just an epic fail. Sorry HTC & Verizon but this is DOA. Better get going on the Bionic asap.

I don't get the complaints on most of what you listed and see some misinformation. The first being the release date. VZW said before the end of Q1 and never officially announced a date. The only time they did was a week before when they knew they were releasing the phone. The only ones that jumped the gun and gave false dates were BestBuy and people speculating with no actual proof.

The second one I don't get is the battery life. I have been 18 hours unplugged with moderate to medium use and have 49% battery left. On my extended battery I would have 76% left. Granted, I made some weeks but nothing no one else couldn't do. All you have to do is use common sense on things with a smartphone and your battery life will be fine.

Last, is build quality? Are you kidding? I think HTC makes the most solid builds there are. I work in the IT industry and have used every smartphone, pda, and blackberry known to man. HTC is by far the best! This is not personal preference speaking here but actual experience.

These phones are basically low end laptops. Can your laptop get 16+ hours on battery plus make phone calls? Didn't think so! If you want a phone to last 4 or 5 days get a feature or dumb phone and of you think and iPhone is better it is not. My wife has the iPhone and she has to charge hers every night with 27% battery left on moderate usage with time unplugged at 14 hours.

Knowing those numbers and facts on other phones and the iFail, this phone is far superior. My stock battery lasts longer than an iFail and I can at least change my battery (memory card also) to an extended and get almost 2 days usage out of the TB whereas the iPhone is already being charged and no LTE.

Please do not take me as attacking you as I am not. I just fail to see a valid complaint here. What I have just stated above this is all fact and will be happy to provide specs, screen shots, links etc, to back up what I have written.

Edit: I am not sure where you are getting the screen is crap. The screen is gorgeous and have no issues seeing it in direct sun light. Also, where do you get locked boot loader from. Within a week of the phone being released the phone was hacked and within a few days later ROM's were available. The den community is loving this phone and will devolved for it. You will not get this with an iPhone or Motorola (specially now with what they are doing to devs) and if there is a ROM for them it will be very limited.

I personally think you were a little unlucky and received a few bad phones. It happens as it is not a perfect world. Now if you get a third or fourth phone doing it, I will then listen to you. I had nothing but issues with Motorola ever since their first phone with Bluetooth that was available on Verizon. Verizon even had a class action lawsuit placed against them for this phone. This goes to show what garbage Motorola has pushed out their doors. The exception being the D1. That phone was solid and great with tons of functionality and mods.

Nice post I disagree with everything that guy said after owning this phone for just one day I can type fast as crap and get pretty good battery life and I was on the floor when he was talking about build quality lol are you serious

No complaints from here either.

Seems like people are pretty quick to point out all the flaws.

kparks

Reaction score

No complaints from here either.

Seems like people are pretty quick to point out all the flaws.

Yup that's what happens when rumors start now ppl that don't even have the phone are like I heard this and that... Well I heard this phone was coming out in November look how right that was this phone is awesome way better than any phone I've ever used and the keyboard is sweet also

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I agree to a certain degree. The equivalent to the Close found on BB is your Back key.
ONLY use your Home key to multitask, otherwise, use your back key. Android does manage tasks on its own but, when Home is used, you're also telling the OS not to shut the app down...and it won't.

When I press the home button does my internet connection already close? I'm new to this and knew when I had my blackberry I had to select close but I cant find a close button on here

No, it does not but that should not matter. If you really want to close it press the back button.

Do not worry about your apps running in the background. Android knows how to manage it's memory and it does not affect battery.

Message delivered via a Bolt of lightning

b3ast1

Reaction score

*No gingerbread
*price $$$

Thank you I put some serious effort into that post. He is seriously mis-informed about the bootloader and ROMs. I really dislike it when people talk smack about a phone that either A) they have no knowledge or skills on how to operate. B) they go informing others and then they don't want to buy the device because they heard these terrible things. If you want an easy phone go with an iPhone, you want customization and everything else under the sun, go with Android. I seriously think he was coming from a blackberry or a feature phone and just doesn't know how to operate the device. I am also almost 100% sure that the phone falling apart on him was due to dropping the device.

Oh well... If people think Motorola is so much better than go for it. Thy will find out just how bogged down and buggy he system is due to blur. I want to also add that any manufacturer that goes attacking the very community that made their D1 a success after years of lagging behind needs to take a step back and reexamine things.

wstagge

Reaction score
Thunderbolt can have 4G turned off and switched to 3G when 4G is not needed. Download app Network Mangelow and select (CDMA auto (PRL)) to go to 3G.

dclifford73

Reaction score
I've installed that app- tried all the different options...no change. I've re booted, pulled the battery out, then pulled the battery and the sim. Still no luck. I've taken it to Verizon they're clueless. Taken it to best buy where I bought it...clueless too. I'm new to Android as of two days ago. I don't want to jail break it... What's the term used for Droid...root? I'll factory reset if I have to.
Nothing has worked. I'm currently in Tampa with constant 4g but I go north towards Orlando it gets spotty and then I can't use it at all. My WiFi turns on and functions but doesn't make a difference when I turn it off....help?