General review, complaints, and info

slinky

Reaction score
I prefer the vibrate on the TB over the D1. With the D1 the whole phone shook when it vibrated, causing it to fall off whatever you put it on if there was a slight downward slope. It also made a lot more noise, the TB is perfect because when I have it on my desk at work only I can tell when it vibrates.

I agree with the vibrate when it is sitting on my desk. I'm on a client site today, and the vibrate is perfect. Its not too loud nor does it jump everywhere.

I guess what I am looking for are different settings for the vibrate. Lets say, a work setting and a going out setting.

I took out my TB this weekend and in a loud place with my phone in my pocket. I could barley feel anything if I did feel it vibrate.
Vibrating on a desk is not the primary purpose for phone vibrate. If you need to tell when the phone is ringing on your desk, you can see the display change. Additionally, I would not put my calls on vibrate during a meeting because (a) it's rude if you're trying not to be interrupted and, (b) if I needed a soft notification I could just as easily change the volume of the ringer to be very soft. The D1 was excellent for being notified when carrying the phone, especially in a busy, noisy city.

geoff5093

Reaction score
If it's any help, with GO SMS you can customize the vibration pattern. You can't make it more apparent, but you can have it vibrate longer and/or vibrate multiple times.

funkyb

Reaction score
I have 2 updates available and have to admit as much as I like this phone I am holding out for the D3....I don't care about LTE as my 50mb down on WiFi is so much faster than any 4g out there.

Isp?3

- Powered by 1.21 Gigawatts of Android

geoff5093

Reaction score
Comcast Cable offers 50Mbps download and 10Mbps upload for $99.99 per month.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I might be biased but Comcast is much faster in my area than LTE with a D2 modem (download only). 20-30 Mbps down. (We also don't have LTE...lol)

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

dhaymond

Reaction score
Is it possible by chance, to use an HTC sence widget with like a; go launcher ex or launcher pro?

sent from my 4G LTE

geoff5093

Reaction score
I might be biased but Comcast is much faster in my area than LTE with a D2 modem (download only). 20-30 Mbps down. (We also don't have LTE...lol)

I would never have doubted for a second that cable internet is faster then cellular.

funkyb

Reaction score

I would never have doubted for a second that cable internet is faster then cellular.

After reading a different thread in here, I went to check offerings in my area. Charter Communications offers a 60Mbps down, 20Mbps service in my area for $100. :icon_eek:

tu3218

Reaction score
Is it possible by chance, to use an HTC sence widget with like a; go launcher ex or launcher pro?

sent from my 4G LTE

I just tried this actually, and no you can't...unfortuately. I was going to switch over to LP Plus but I can't use the HTC widgets anymore, which I really like. So I'll go a little longer now with sense and switch when I get bored. I love everything about sense except I wish I could change the dock around at the bottom.

ForeverInOur

Reaction score
general 4G question

Apparently im in a "very good" 4G coverage area from what the verizon rep said, but im not getting any 4G connection. only 3G with 3-4 bars. im not missing any settings, location settings, the sim card not in properly, kind of things am i? it should just be that if im in a 4G area, my phone will "connect" to it?

dhaymond

Reaction score
Thanks. Disappointer, I too like a lot of the Widgets just not the dock or other little home settings.

sent from my 4G LTE

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you started a thread and it was merged into this thread the reason is we do try to limit the amount of threads. If it's a general question will be merged in here because it's a general question thread.

BGKris

Reaction score
I've noticed only at my office I'm having this issue due to reception. 4g keep dropping and reconnecting continuously causing massive battery draw.