GB official release?

sportytony

Reaction score
Lmao. That and titanium are the only thing I've added since root. I am building up enough courage though for the rooted gb. (I could put that on top of my froyo as an update with the bootstrap?)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just get the Maderstock340.zip file loaded onto your SD card.

Any time you want, you could boot your phone into recovery mode, tell it to install that file, reboot and wipe the data and you will be left with a phone in the out-of-the-box configuration in about 15 minutes.

You can apply the official GB OTA then.

timelord

Reaction score
Great to know as far as the ota. And just re root with z4root if my root is gone? And what if I do the tbh rooted gb update? Will I still get ota? Thanks for knowing. Ans sorry for asking more. But knowledge is power and I'm trying to get more out of an already great phone. And so major question, if I update to tbh rooted gb on top of my rooted stock rom can I do future otas?

As of now, nobody knows if the official gb (ota) can be rooted. so far only the leaked gb has root. So once you do get the official ota, you may not be able to root again.

sportytony

Reaction score
Well then if I do gb from tbh as the update (rooted of course) will I lose my current info and programs? I'm soooooo close to just doing it. I like root. (but I like my present apps and info too.

Crispityyy

Reaction score
Well then if I do gb from tbh as the update (rooted of course) will I lose my current info and programs? I'm soooooo close to just doing it. I like root. (but I like my present apps and info too.

1. If you have all your contacts backed up with google you should be fine.
2. If you have all apps backed up with titanium backup you should be fine.
3. The market should restore most (if not all of your apps)....so you should be fine

Having to wipe data / factory reset is a step that is required EVERY time you flash a new ROM (which this GB technically is). Its really not a big deal when you do it.

That being said, familiarize yourself with the process that is SBF'ing, and if you feel you can do it....THEN DO IT! I believe in you :icon_ banana:

....and if anything goes wrong....check the forums because chances are, its happened before, and there is a fix ;)

dreamjaeil

Reaction score
I wish Verizon would release the GB already. I thought leak would rush them to release it earlier but doesn't seem so...

DBLX

Reaction score
Local VZW rep told me unofficially 06/01 today. Can't confirm or deny...

rustymcbain

Reaction score
I am running lexlite ginger created by drewgaren. This rom is extremely stable more so than stock froyo. Once I received the stock froyo ota my x became really unstable with constant reboots. Forced me to root and rom to get it back running right. Don't be afraid do your homework and have at it. Each new person who dives in just might find something new to mod these things. There seems to be a lot of fear running around about rooting these days... there are always risks with phones. Bit you are more likley to rearend a minivan talking on it than some Verizon storm troopers breaking down your door and taking your x away. Most off enjoy your device its yours you paid for it. If you need help just ask these found are filled with great people juat waiting to throw in their 2 cents.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dreamjaeil

Reaction score
Let's just hope that he was high on something...

rharv3

Reaction score
reasons to root and rom
~smoother faster phone
~customization, themeing
~undervoltage for better battery life, or overclock for pwnin newbs
~not look like a total tool using stock motoblur. Your no better then an apple user if your a android user running without root/rom.

people i work with have stock droid x's are are too dumb to root/rom and then ***** that apple makes a way better product with the iphone
/facepalm
i tell them to go get an iphone because they are obviously idiots.

Are you kidding me? If you are that insecure about how your phone, or for that matter other peoples phones look, then you've got serious problems! I've flashed many or pretty much all the roms/leaks out there and there really isn't THAT much of a difference in speed and battery. I'm sure there is for some people but usually it is a give and take. Maybe a little better battery but HDMI doesn't work, messaging problems etc. etc. Don't sit there and call people "tools" for not wanting to run the risk of voiding there warranties and bricking there phones for the sake of looking cool.

I agree! I love the leaked DX GB .588 ROM just fine. I'm rooted since I learned how to do it and love that I can kill bloatware if I choose. With every root or flash comes problems; some just not as many as others! Which leads me to my question...

Since I flashed .588, I have noticed that my notification setup now has double ringtones. How do I get back to just ones that come with the ROM? And where is Cackle for Android? It's not on the market anymore.

Most likely sent from my Droid X while tappin' and taking a sh!%!