Game emulators

Garandhero

Reaction score
1. Which is the best? (Gameboy, Gensoid etc.)
2. When I install the emulator from the market does it come with the games pre-installed in it? e.g. If I install Gameboid does it have Super Mario already?
3. If no to question 2 - where do I actually get the games and install them?
4. Instructions appreciated.

Thanks

Droidfish

Reaction score
1) There are plenty of emulators out there so it really depends on what your after. Most people use emulators not to try new games but to play games from back in the day. I use Nesoid, SNESoid, CPS2HD and I hope to try the PSXdroid emulator soon.

2 & 3) You will need to download roms for each of the emulators you download and put them in a rom folder on your sd card, for the most part the files remain small. Finding roms is as easy as searching "Nes roms" on google. You will find many options.

4) Figure out which emulators you want and I can help you if you need it.

OP
G

Garandhero

Reaction score
1) There are plenty of emulators out there so it really depends on what your after. Most people use emulators not to try new games but to play games from back in the day. I use Nesoid, SNESoid, CPS2HD and I hope to try the PSXdroid emulator soon.

2 & 3) You will need to download roms for each of the emulators you download and put them in a rom folder on your sd card, for the most part the files remain small. Finding roms is as easy as searching "Nes roms" on google. You will find many options.

4) Figure out which emulators you want and I can help you if you need it.

2. Can you use these ROMS on the droid X, I thought there was something bout not being able to install ROMS on it?

4. I would want to use GBC Emulator and the SNES Emulator from Yongzh on the market I think..

Droidfish

Reaction score
Yea, these roms have nothing to do with custom roms for your phone. ROM stands for Read Only Memory. In regards to your phone the ROM is the firmware that comes installed on your phone and currently the X doesn't support custom roms due to the locked bootloader.

In regards to the emulators the roms are the game files that take the place of the cartridges.

I would recommend downloading the lite version of both of the emulators you want to, just to give them a try before you decide. You might even find that they suffice your needs.

Once you have them downloaded make a folder on your sd card somewhere called "Roms_SNES & Roms_Gameboid" or something of that nature, I just like to keep them well organized.

Then google search "gameboy roms" & "snes roms" and do some digging. trust me it won't be hard and you will probably find some sites that have roms for both(and many others).

Download the roms you want and put them in their respective folders on your sd card(I usually download to my pc and then move because they might be zipped). If they are zipped be sure to unzip them and put the bare rom file in the folder.

Open either of the emulators and open a rom from one of the folders you made. You'll prbably want to mess with the settings to get the most of them, but both the gameboy emu and the snes emu work very well as the games were a lot simpler back then and therefore easier to port.

Good luck

dragozoid

Reaction score
I've had GBCoid for months and it's awesome. Playing Pokemon Crystal on the big screen is great.

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Ok, kind of off topic, but kinda not.... Does anyone know what control button or how to shoot duck in the Duck Hunt game using the nesoid lite emulator? I cannot figure it out.... i know the Start button works because I can pause the game... but it seems like that's all I can do lol

OP
G

Garandhero

Reaction score
Can you help me find good ROMS? I did a google search, but I am unsure if they are legitimate, or good etc.... Where do you get them from?

OP
G

Garandhero

Reaction score
Especially could use a place to get the PSX4 ROMS... please advise.

Also is there an n64 emulator, I could not find one on market but seems like it would be a good idea?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have both the nesoid and snesoid and they both work great, paid for both of them so I could save. It has the transparent controls on the screen for playing, but I got the App to use the Wii controller through bluetooth and it works perfectly. Recommend going that route if you plan on playing on a trip or something.