Galaxy slight screen color shift: am I just imagining it?

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
SO I just recently got the standard galaxy s21 and I could sworn that one night the screen gave a slight flicker and no longer displays the exact default color/contrast/hue(not sure what the exact wording is) I compared the in store display model to the one I have and for instance, the whites and Grey's don't quite match up exactly on the same default settings when comparing both phones. Does anyone know what I might be referring to, or has anyone else experienced anything like this? The guy in the store tried to tell me that its just the phone adjusting to the user but I can't decide if I'm just imagining it. Something seems just slightly off when looking at the screen that slightly bothers my eyes. Not sure how much justice taking a pic of this would do to show what I'm talking about but if anyone knows about this, any insight would be appreciated.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Did you look under the Display to see if anything changed there? There is an "adaptive brightness" that may come into play. There is also a "Screen Mode" that adjusts between "Vivid" and "Natural" and there seems to be a difference between how they make the screen look.

Maybe you accidently pulled down the notifications bar and somehow hit "Eye comfort shield"? That turns off the blue light, so as to minimize eye strain. It will make the whites and greys look different because it tones down the blues - making the screen more orangey looking.

Good luck!

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Did you look under the Display to see if anything changed there? There is an "adaptive brightness" that may come into play. There is also a "Screen Mode" that adjusts between "Vivid" and "Natural" and there seems to be a difference between how they make the screen look.

Maybe you accidently pulled down the notifications bar and somehow hit "Eye comfort shield"? That turns off the blue light, so as to minimize eye strain. It will make the whites and greys look different because it tones down the blues - making the screen more orangey looking.

Good luck!
ended up returning it for another one and the colors look normal now. now I'm just concerned about the brightness